GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire under light load. Idles fine

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
This car is driving me crazy. After the AC compressor dying the sunroof leaking and the starter crapping out. I finally get it running. It had misfires across all cylinders after starting up and first giving it gas to move. Well I figured it was time to change all the spark plugs and coil packs. Got the red tops kit from ecs with the ngk brk7eix plugs. Put them in didn't drive the car after but started it to check. Get in the car this morning to go to work. It starts just fine and go to move I get misfires across all cylinders and car shuts off.

I have tried switching everything around. Checking gaps. Swapped in old could packs. Nothing. Doing the same thing where it idles fine but go to move and it chokes out. Cam follower was changed 5k miles ago.

Any idea what it could be? I was thinking bad injector but if stuck open wouldn't misfire the entire time it's running?

Oil level is fine. No oil in coolant. Oil cap has a bit of froth but that's been normal to me for a while. Catch can is empty.

Any help would be great. I'm very confused.

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
What did you gap the plugs to? How long has the car been sitting and when did you fill up last?

Plugs gapped at .030"
The car was sitting for about 3 weeks. Once running drove for a week then replaced plugs
Last filled up 8 days ago with 93oct.

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
Did it start happening after you filled up?

I don't recall but I'd say after I filled up. Bad gas?

I do notice decent amount of white / condensation smoke at idle and lots of water moisture out the exhaust

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
I put injector cleaner in this morning. Idled it for a while and shut it off.

Just now i Took the risk and drove the car up and down the road. Knowing I might have to push it home. Slight misfire. No flashing cel. No codes. As it's idling I every now and then it has a slight hiccup and dips in rpms. And if I rev it up it smooth going up but when it comes back down right before neutral idle it has some hesitation

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
Can a bad PCV cause that?

:iono: I have a forge catch can . Maybe rear pcv?

When I pull the dipstick the idle doesn't change and I can feel puffs of air. Never knew if it's suppose to do that with catch can.

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
Fixed. The vacuum hose from booster to manifold had a small crack.

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv