GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extended Warranty Providors

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Just thinking last night......does anyone use or had good/bad luck with extended warranty providers? Either through VW or some other provider?

Currently I'm under the "certified VW" plan but just thinking down the road. I got a spam email from extendedwarrantypluc.com so it got me thinking.

Thoughts/comments are welcome.

Thanks!

rubbaVdub

Beer Enthusiast
Car(s)
GTI MKV TSI DSG
I bought the 5-star extended warranty directly from my VW Dealer and it took affect the day my factory warranty ended.

All the info is here: http://www.vw.ca/content/medialib/v...anical_breakdown_protection_brochure__en_.pdf

Paid $2000 for the warranty and everything is covered less a $100 deductible. Works at any VW dealership. Includes roadside, a rental car and accommodations if you break down while traveling.

The warranty has already paid for itself!

rubbaVdub

Beer Enthusiast
Car(s)
GTI MKV TSI DSG
Uploaded PDF as attachment.
Not sure why the link isn't working for you...

Attachments

• vwpp___mechanical_breakdown_protection_brochure__en_.pdf
    593.5 KB · Views: 373

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
the one u uploaded is for Canada i am sure there will be differ tha the US

rubbaVdub

Beer Enthusiast
Car(s)
GTI MKV TSI DSG
I would assume the warranties available to the US are similar, if not less expensive. This was just to give you an idea of what VW offers directly, you should request a quote from your nearest dealership.

GtiDTLA

From what I've read, cars with mods are not eligible:

We can not offer coverage to the following:
The vehicle has alterations not authorized by the manufacturer.
The vehicle has received modifications that do not meet manufacturer's specificiations, including, but not limited to, modifications to permit trailering, towing, carpet cleaning or snowplowing; lift kits; high performance engine modfication; or belt driven power take-off.

So, simply put, they could automatically void your contract at any time if you had mods on the car when you signed the contract.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
LOL, I get the trailering, towing, or snowplowing; lift kits; high performance engine modification; or belt driven power take-off but carpet cleaning? WTH?!?!?!?

I've only had DRL turned off and the window up/down with key fob.

GtiDTLA

You haven't heard about the performance carpet cleaning community? It's popular among OCD sufferers, bored-housewives and probably with the Germans. :D
Seriously, though: carpet cleaning mods?:biggrin: How, What, Why, Where...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Mercury. For the best plans, regardless of the insurance company, figure over $2000 and it won't cover everything. None will. Send me your contract if you think it will.