GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Place to get 25,000 service cheap in VA

spencermark

Passed Driver's Ed
HI,

i Need to get the 25,000 mile service, does anyone know if I can get this done well any where in DC or VA? also, will they be able to turn of the 'SERVICE NOW' on the display? if not how can i do it myself?

thanks

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
ummmm isn't 25k just an oil change.. :iono:

Uthor

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI - Pk1 - Silv
If you're following the manual, there is no 25,000 mile service.

If you are getting a service now warning, turn your car off, press and hold the 0.0 button on the instrument panel, turn the ignition on (don't start the car) while holding 0.0, then press the M button on the instrument panel.

This is all in the manual. Which should be read.

chunkisagoonie

VW Lifer
Car(s)
'97 Golf Jazz
Yes, stealerships try to tell you that there's a 25k service, typically with maintenance that isn't even specified in VW's maintenance schedule until like 40k. And most of them also tell you that you need an oil change every 5k for the life of the car. It's all about profit, profit, profit.

They were probably the ones that programmed that service reminder in your car.

Uthor

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI - Pk1 - Silv
They were probably the ones that programmed that service reminder in your car.

Well, the dealer didn't reset my reminder at 10,000 miles, so I did it myself according to the book. It went off again at 15,000 miles. I think the car automatically sets the reminder for 5,000 miles.

spencermark

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks, lost manual so need to get a new one, will this info be in the bently one?

Can i photocopy someones manal please?? lol