GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Virginia tint

08dublove

just wondering what percentage most of you guys have? i just traded my 07 rabbit in for an 08 gti last week and had 35% on that and im looking to tint the gti and maybe go 20%. ive never heard too much about people getting pulled over for tint. im in the chesapeake/virginia beach area and i always see a ton of cars with limo tint on them but with my luck ill be the one with the ticket. thanks in advance

wilytech

Ready to race!
Yeah legal va tint is 35/50 front/back. That might be reversed but those are the right numbers. I had 20 tint on my rabbit for around 2 weeks before I got pulled over at the beach. Cop chased me down like I just shot at him. Went home and scraped it off...boo. I got the legal tint on my GTI and looks darker than I thought it would.

Lolly Baggins

LOL JK!
Car(s)
08 Mk5 GTi - Candy W
Go 20% all around.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
i tinted mine 50% front and 35% rear to stay legal...it looks good on a CW

i have this as well and it looks fine and no trouble with the cops. id say go 35 all around but no more.

08dublove

yeah i think ill just stay with 35% all around, i have my appt this saturday at atlantic shoreline tint on first colonial road, they did an awesome job, i think its about $145 to tint a GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I am also debating whether to tint 20% or 35% all around. Seems like a lot of SUV's and Vans have the back windows tinted DARK, but I heard they have different regulations than passenger vehicles.

It doesn't need to be super dark, and being able to still see at night is a priority. I guess I'm leaning toward 35% ? I guess the plus if I do 35% all around is if the cops have a problem with it, I'll only have to replace the front windows , cuz if I did 20% all around they'll make you replace all the windows

Strmtrpr

Censored
yeah i think ill just stay with 35% all around, i have my appt this saturday at atlantic shoreline tint on first colonial road, they did an awesome job, i think its about $145 to tint a GTI

Ya I did 35 also...looks sweet :thumbsup:

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
i kno a ton of my bros that got pulled for having windows tinted too dark and were forced to have it scraped off VA Bch cops suck i stay in chesapeake or bad news (although i do race only in VA bch so ...) have any of you guys ever gone to the meet at freedom wash in va beach near town center it is a little bigger now since it got combined from fudruckers

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
I am also debating whether to tint 20% or 35% all around. Seems like a lot of SUV's and Vans have the back windows tinted DARK, but I heard they have different regulations than passenger vehicles.

It doesn't need to be super dark, and being able to still see at night is a priority. I guess I'm leaning toward 35% ? I guess the plus if I do 35% all around is if the cops have a problem with it, I'll only have to replace the front windows , cuz if I did 20% all around they'll make you replace all the windows

trucks in Va can have their back windows tinted to whatever it dosent matter they can paint them if they want to
passenger cars are a different story i would stay very close to the 50/35 rule especialy if you do alot of driving in Vabeach i have heard excellent reviews about TNT tinting also and i think that theirs comes with a warranty

Teh_Chr!s

.:Black Magic GTI Owner:.
I Got My Windows Done At RPM On West Broad In Richmond (50% On The Driver And Pass. Door Windows , 35% Back 3 Windows)....Theirs Also Comes With A Waranty