GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project ultimate daily. Build #2

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Its hands down the worst year of the MKV, no question. But, I've got so much into it at this point I'm stuck with it. Trans only has like 10k miles on it now, suspension is brand new, water pump, timing job, exhaust, etc. At this point I have 95% of the kinks worked out and I'll eventually build this for the wifes track car. Its well over half way there already lol.

Meh, you'd be better off dumping it and getting something that's more of a suitable track platform.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Meh, you'd be better off dumping it and getting something that's more of a suitable track platform.

Financially it makes way more sense to run identical cars. Cuts down on parts costs, can swap stuff, etc. The wife wont drive competitively, she just wants her own track car for HPDE. So the practically done 09 will do fine. I could just swap good track pads, tires and race brake fluid and it would do great. Eventually an LSD and call it a day.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, I knew it was all going to well. Couple weeks back when the "polar vortex" hit Chicago my rear main seal blew out. More than likely due to a frozen catch can. Thankfully I just got the new tow pig and that's getting me to and from work till I can fix this pos. Decided of I'm doing the rear main I might as well refresh this bitch a little bit. Pulling the motor, doing timing chain, guides, tensioner, re sealing the entire motor and pulling the turbo for to send out for a refresh. Hopefully after this bought of repairs I wont have to worry about shit on this car for a while. Suspension, trans, brakes, subframe, all chassis bolts have under 5k mikes on em so getting this motor sorted out should give me a practically new car lol.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Ive had my tensioner and all the tools for it for 2 years and still havent done it. Rms and turbo were replaced by dealer. Lucky

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Lol financially a Miata would make the most sense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Miata Is Always The Answer. Either that or an E30/36/46, or really anything would be better than a GTI :lol:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, since the rear main blew and the rest of the motor leaks like a bitch, figured now would be as good a time as any to just pull the motor and do a refresh. Everything else on the car is practically brand new at this point so I'll just finish it off. Also pulling the turbo and sending it out for a rebuild at the same time.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Looks good man! Are you out driving this thing? I bought back my 09 with jumped time and bent valves...looking to do a big refresh myself.