VW GTI
Last edited:

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
Ive done this for about a month works fine. Compeltely disables ESP

EDIT FOR FIX!!!

here's what you do to disable traction BUT keep ABS on 2009 gti's.

Go into the 03 ABS module, click on 07 Coding, then long coding helper, then bite 15 and drop down the menu and select RHD, save the changes

issues.
-ESP light is ALWAYS solid on
-ESP button is worthless now, can not turn on and off...its ALWAYS off

here's the thread
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...speed.-ESP-traction-control-delete&p=82267400

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That's a different mod. This is easily switched on and off with the factory button.

Heitzke

I am the law
Interesting. Maybe i'm missing something, because if I told ESP for 3-seconds it starts blinking infinitely. Doesn't this mean it's off?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
No, it will turn off traction control but the stability program is still active without this mod. If you drive enthusiastically, autox, track, etc, you will feel it slow you down.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Someone needs to try. If they are similar year or pump model it should work.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Any word from the beetle forums? I can't believe we didn't find out about this sooner.

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
The way I posted is the only was to fully disable. Holding the button on our MKV TSI doesn't work. Its still on.

aw614

Ready to race!
The way I posted is the only was to fully disable. Holding the button on our MKV TSI doesn't work. Its still on.

did you not read the golfmk6 link? the coding changes turn off ESP, which wasn' t possible before which on some cars gives it the two stage traction control like the 2012 mk6 cars.

It probably has that high limit third stage that some golf r drives have encountered, but people have done the coding and been able to do donuts in the snow where it wasn't possible previously. Disabling the steering angle sensor and/or changing to rhd probably won't encounter that high limit third stage i bet however...

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
did you not read the golfmk6 link? the coding changes turn off ESP, which wasn' t possible before which on some cars gives it the two stage traction control like the 2012 mk6 cars.

It probably has that high limit third stage that some golf r drives have encountered, but people have done the coding and been able to do donuts in the snow where it wasn't possible previously. Disabling the steering angle sensor and/or changing to rhd probably won't encounter that high limit third stage i bet however...

I have its been posted here before with no luck. APR has a PDF for the Golf R how to do it etc... but still no true solution for our cars

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It's a real defeat. Try it and see. Golf R has awd, there's no comparison.

aw614

Ready to race!
I have its been posted here before with no luck. APR has a PDF for the Golf R how to do it etc... but still no true solution for our cars

The golf r and ROW coding for 2012 cars modifies different long coding bytes from the 08.5 to 2011 GTI/Golf R.

If you look at the link zrickety posted, and compare it with the 2012 and up ESP defeat coding changes, you'll see the difference.