GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automobile mag article. Chipped GTI vs. R32

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Great read - it's funny to hear how much they loved the flash w/o any bolt ons! I wonder if they were showin boost of 19psi with a stock intake?

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
If they would have used a real performance suspension im sure the gtis numbers on the track would have been closer if not better than the r.

Nice read though.

RoccoRed

I Wanna Go Fast!
"So, as speeds increase, so too does the GTI's advantage: it beats the R32 to 130 mph by an astonishing 7.1 seconds"

there is no way it takes an r32 7.1 seconds more than a chipped gti to get to 130..someone screwed up

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
If they would have used a real performance suspension im sure the gtis numbers on the track would have been closer if not better than the r.

Nice read though.

While the R32's suspension is quite good from the factory, it feels like a boat compared to how it handles with an aftermarket setup.

And I think the writer was trying to gauge how a typically modified GTI would perform against a stock R32, not one that's done up with $2500 racing suspension. Hell, most GTI owners just install a set of springs and call it a day.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
While the R32's suspension is quite good from the factory, it feels like a boat compared to how it handles with an aftermarket setup.

And I think the writer was trying to gauge how a typically modified GTI would perform against a stock R32, not one that's done up with $2500 racing suspension. Hell, most GTI owners just install a set of springs and call it a day.

Not me =)

cevMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 UG MkV GTI MT
great read!!! i just got my GTI last week...i am planning on getting the APR chip with the 93 octane program in the next few weeks...this just sealed the deal!!

TOH-KI

Ready to race!
is there a ecu upgrade for the r32 yet?
that would be a pretty fast R

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
is there a ecu upgrade for the r32 yet?
that would be a pretty fast R

Well, since its N/A I doubt the impact would be all that impressive.

fahrenheit812

Ready to race!
ive read that it only get around 16hp with a ecu flash. so at the wheels thatd be like 7ish lol. N/A ftl

ps. with an APR 93 program, how gone is ur warranty? i know it has the stock program that u can switch back to but im sure that the VW service guys know how to do it and or check for it.