GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WEIRD engine issues

matt w

Ready to race!
its a universal code, there are a million reasons for the code and alot of them dont have anything to do with the MAF itself.

Eviloliv3

Ready to race!
its a universal code, there are a million reasons for the code and alot of them dont have anything to do with the MAF itself.
yes it is a universal code.

no, there are not a million reasons.

look for some kind of leak after the MAF and you will find your leak

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
yes it is a universal code.

no, there are not a million reasons.

look for some kind of leak after the MAF and you will find your leak

Actually, I've since updated the thread...it was the pcv/oil breather hose/crankcase valve/whatever. And I've touched nothing under the hood whatsoever....she's stock apart from APR 91/93

walleballr

Ready to race!
pcv/oil breather hose/crankcase valve/whatever thats very specific NOT. My dealership lists a part number when they replace one. Its on your invoice. BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!!!

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
^ whoa, lets take it down a notch there buddy.

Eviloliv3

Ready to race!
Actually, I've since updated the thread...it was the pcv/oil breather hose/crankcase valve/whatever. And I've touched nothing under the hood whatsoever....she's stock apart from APR 91/93
which would be a leak AFTER the MAF...

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
which would be a leak AFTER the MAF...

True...I was just addressing your comment about poking around under the hood...other than checking the oil, she's untouched.

And walle..whatever...those are the various terms that have been tossed around about this issue since this thread began. Check through the thread to verify.
And uh...here..:drinking: enjoy that beer...take mine, even...seems like you could use a couple. :thumbsup: