GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel hop

How well does this cheap option work?
Could I expect the same if not better results?

i used it on my 5th gen civic and it def stiffened the motor mounts alot, like rattling my dash, stiff.

i cant compare cuz i haven't used inserts before, only poly suspension bushings in that same civic.

im gonna do it this spring in my car, but not totally fill it, cuz i don't want it too hard. just to tame the movement a bit. if it sucks ill cut it out!

Couldn't you just use the jack to force it in? I didn't do mine myself, i had it in my car and my oil was getting changed, and they kindly put it in for free.

But yeah, car on jack stands as high as they go, wheel the jack underneath, and just crank it up where the insert is.. should work no?

Tapatalkin

There are two 'fingers' that are too flimsy for this approach, plus really what you are inserting is one wavy piece and two pencil-like pieces that happen to be connected by a flexible disc. You'd just bend it.

I used the old bicycle shop trick - greased it up with shaving cream.

dogbone insert helps. I hear that an anti-lift-kit helps more. Got a Whiteline ALK to install in the spring

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
There are two 'fingers' that are too flimsy for this approach, plus really what you are inserting is one wavy piece and two pencil-like pieces that happen to be connected by a flexible disc. You'd just bend it.

This.

I had to finesse it quite a bit to get the prongs to go in straight. What worked for me was to give it a couple of gentle whaps with the mallet, then I'd have to push the bending prongs into the rubber puck with long pliers to get them straight, then whap with the mallet again, then adjust the prongs with the pliers, and so on and so forth.

boki

Ready to race!
I have WALK and red/softest HPA puck in and looove the combo together with ST coilovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Duster117

Ready to race!
I just ordered the dogbone insert so we shall see

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
i need motor and tranny mounts. my insert isnt doing the trick anymore. might try that alk this summer too

My stock mounts + insert combo worked great til I had over 100k on the car. The mounts only got sloppy after I went K04.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Yep. As soon as I done a few pulls, they went bad. I'll swap them this summer for sure

Sent from my flip phone

The job of replacing the motor mount and tranny mount is surprisingly easy with power tools (or a breaker bar), some extensions, and a few giant-ass deep sockets.

Car(s)
Subaru
Yeah. I had the tranny mount off when we installed the clutch. Putting the battery back on took longer than putting the mount back on

Sent from my flip phone