GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me grow my work page please.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
It really depend but more likely than not it is just sanded away but in level amounts:the whole lip in an even manner not just attacking the damaged area on its own. You have to remember a normal parking rash is actually only 1 or 2 mm deap. Of coarse if it is bad and chunks are missing and extremely deep then yes we will weld but that's where it gets a little tricky as you have to be sure to use similar grades of aluminium rods when welding as to what the lip/rim is made up from orrigonaly a:not to weaken the structure of the alloy using the wrong rods and b: so you can blend it in and repolish so the naked eye does not pic it up.
But the short answer to your question is it is normaly all rubbed down smooth the repolished to the finish of the oem style or the clients requirements.

Thanks for likes people. Keep them coming!

interesting. thanks for the info

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Bump for some more likes folks. Thanks in advance.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you are wanting myself to talk you through the process on your own alloys, I'd be glad to help.
Link in sig.

Duster117

Ready to race!
Liked

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Wish you were closer. How about a small bend from shipping? A torch and some careful hammer blows?

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
If it on the inside barrel but not the face you could always try the old school way and use a led hammer. Not highly recommended however better led than a normal steel hammer so you don't stress the alloy any more than it already is.
Post a pic.