GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Vibration Bad Mount?

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
So I have Apr 93, and yesterday I installed the ABD Stage 2 Cold Air intake.

Previously, I had noticed some vibrations under load in 5th and 6th before I put on the intake, but I attributed that to the used tires I had recently installed on my denvers which had a bad vib to begin with. I figured they were worn out of balance.

However, I now have a new set of wheels and tires on the bitch. Now I figure the intake gave a little bit more torque for sure. I also installed a dogbone mount insert last year. My car has 48000kms, I installed the dogbone insert at about 6000kms.

When I load the boost in 6th, the vibration is well pronounced, and it sometimes comes about in fifth.

It's obviously an issue with the engine mounts.

I checked the bolt on the insert last night, it is solid.

The upper engine mounts seem to be good. Are they just shit from the factory?

Should I buy the VF engineering mounts?

Has anyone installed the mounts?

Has anyone experienced engine wibrations in 5th or 6th under load? It is definatley engine movement/vibration.

Someone hook a brother up with advice!

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Did you check the transmission mount for fluid leakage?

You have to remove the battery to get to it.

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
That's what someone said on the Tex. I'll check later for fluid leakage, I didn't notice any last night. Is it some kind of think oil or gel or something? Anyone with anymore info on the fluid filled mount please advise.

petsy

Go Kart Champion
The mount has some sort of viscous fluid within the body of the rubber bush. The rubber perishes leading to a loss of the fluid.

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
Yeah, I've got a thread going on the tex as well:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4569642

I haven't got a light and mirror on the mount, but I felt the passenger side mount with my finger, and I think the rubber web close to the firewall is broken; very much like the picture on the black forest industries website.

I was thinking about getting the VF Engineering mounts before, but now I'm gonna grab them this afternoon. I also plan on reverse engineering them, modelling them in solidworks, and the machining my own for sale in canada. probably not. But, maybe!

Alexander4523

Passed Driver's Ed
My Car only has 24k on it and too notice a SLIGHT vibration under load in 5th and 6th gear. It is very slight. I only have APR Stage 1, no other mods and really don't beat on the car too much.

My 2004 Acura TL developed the same problem at around 85k, never found out the problem---but I am sure CarMax did when they took it for a real test drive (I figured it was the tranny since I had already been through one at 45k). Let me know anything you figure out.

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
I installed the 2 bigger vf engineering mounts. My OEM mounts were fine, no signs of failure. The vf mounts reduced the problem but did not elimintate.

I'm gonna inspect the wheel hub, and check the bolts on the front control arm bushing.

The vibration comes and goes, but I definatley has something to do with the mounts, amount of torque, and the control arms or bearing.

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
Put in the third mount. Not the problem.

I'm starting to theorize that my plugs get weak on one of the cylinders or something causing vibration. Because if I giver from first it's nonexistent, but if I let off and get back on the throttle hard, then the steering wheel vibration reappears.

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
ever check to see of the intake is hitting the master cylinder that causes vibrations as well

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
This vibration still comes and goes. I' ve been thinking it might be wastegate or DV harmonic fluttering or something along those lines?

Perhaps the APR tune has fatigued the spring slightly, allowing it to float at times?

It seems comes about if I let off the gas suddenly caused engine braking. It's almost akin to a jake brake on a semi. If I hit the clutch and let it out a certain way, it smoothes out again.

Anyone evey feel this issue?

CaptainPumpkin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
No sure if it would cause any vibrations or not under load but my engine always had a bit of a vibration since I bought it used but after I switched to NGK Iridiums spark plugs my car runs way smoother during idle and driving. Just another idea...

NGK BKR7EIX gapped to .028" work great in my car even on a stock tune but they are supposed to be even better for a tuned engine

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
ABD Intake doesn't hit master cylinder

rippie74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Did you check the transmission mount for fluid leakage?

You have to remove the battery to get to it.

There isn't any fluid within the trans mount, only the passengers side mount has fluid in it. The factory trans mount looks like a rubber brick with holes drilled through it.