GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R to debut on May 21

dkwince

BIG WILLIE STYLE
Car(s)
Moon Rover
Am I the only one who thinks this will boost values of the 08 R32?

With it being maybe the last one with a VR6 ever maybe..? :iono:

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
good, hope it helps with trade in value!!!

fusiongt

Ready to race!
Not sure... if the R comes out on a yearly basis and they out perform the 08 R I doubt it'll improve the resale

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I'm anxious to see what it looks like. that front grille on the MK6 GTI still hasn't grown on me quite yet.

that R Scirocco on the other hand, sounds awesome! FWD only, but you know it will look good.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
The "artist renderings" look good, but I hope they lower the roof line a little bit to make it look a little more aggresive. From the side it looks just like every other GTI out there right now. But wow this would be great if it really does come to the USA !

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
All I hope is that it shows up by April 2010...when my lease ends. Because unless something goes REALLY wong with the execution, this car is tits. Big-assed, 18 year old, bone stock tits. With eraser nipples. And silver dollar peps. I'd buy one in Pink. True story.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
Living in Canada with winter, I would be sold on a AWD golf with out a second thought. The next car was probably going to be the 2.0 Quattro A3, but I would rather stay with VW.

Have you driven the Quattro 2.0T A3? The standard 2.0T with the added weight of AWD and the extra weight the A3 is over the GTI COMPLETELY ruins the car. It was slow, sluggish and not fun to drive.

And as for the 08 R32 holding better value because of this.....lol good luck. We probably won't get this until the END of 2010 as a 2011, so your cars will be 3 years old.........

For every year that this car takes to come out, it gets that much outdated. By the time this comes out, a 270hp AWD hatch will be just as underpowered as the current 2008 R32 is compared to the current competition.

Its will most def be a great car, but should have come out as the 2008.

Frenchie

Icecream Maker
Don't wait for much cash to come your way trading/selling your current .:R's...They will not be holding much value, best to keep and enjoy your .:R and if you are after more ponies then get yourself an ABT engine upgrade to 370hp if that is your mission..This way ends up still cheaper than selling/trading your.:R32 for R20

Personally that's what the .:R should of come with in the first place..

But then it all depends, if you are after turbo that's fuel efficient, AWD, cheaper mods and kicks ass then R20 it is....

Sell your .:R now!!!!!

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't sell my current .:R until i knew what exactly was coming and what the asking price was.

I'm fairly sure an ABT engine upgraded .:R would be a lot worse on fuel compared to a nicely tuned & upgraded 2.0L. hopefully the poor Americans get a choice of manual and 5 doors this time.. then again you get them for half the price so can't complain.