GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lack of power!?

gclax1336

Boost yummm
I recently put a sub in my gti. It has the stock head unit. I taped into the rear speaker for signal input and ran the normal wires. My amp is turned all the way up. And my sub is not hitting near what it is. I think it may be due of lack of signal power? Or lack of good connections.some one have some input on the subject? Or how I could check things?

gclax1336

Boost yummm
Ill get back to you on exact loads. But positive is to the battery. Negative to the read tail light bolt. I sanded the paint off around it. And the signal is drawn from one of the rear speaker wires. I'm not sure if its positive or negative though. Would that make a difference? It Rand only hit really hard like it should one ride to the gum once but on the way back it was weak again... that is what leads me to believe its a bad connection?

Azzurri

Ready to race!
If you were only hooked up to one speaker wire instead of a pair, it wouldn't be working at all.

Like crystalwhiteveedub said, you need to provide more info. Did you use a line out converter? Single or dual voice coil sub? How is the sub wired? etc.

Check all your wiring and connections again, and I'd also find a better ground. Oh, and turn the gain on your amp back down before you try anything else.

gclax1336

Boost yummm
Ok, I have both the negative and the positive coming from the rear right speaker. I tapped into the wires before the speaker. Things seemed to be working well the sub woofer now hits like it should. BUT now when I turn it up the rear right speakers cracks and cuts in and out...?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
1. you need a signal from both the left and right side. Music is not always mixed equally L ro R
2. Tap the front speakers. I have found VW trims some of the signal from the back speakers since they are just for fill