GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please...think before you...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Just wanted to report a happening that involved some I know. A local club threw together a pop-up gtg last night. Afterwards...one of the participants and members had left and shortly thereafter they crossed into oncoming traffic exiting the curves and hit an oncoming car...killing that driver and sending everyone else in both vehicles to hospitals around the area. The guy causing the accident also now has a girlfriend in a coma and in intensive care with multiple other injuries. They just left that gtg where everyone was posting on social media how much fun they had. I didn't go last night, but wanted to share this only in hopes we all think because we care. With love....for the poor lost innocent soul and you all.

Last edited:

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Was it a Mustang?

Jokes aside, that is horrible. Did the guy that caused the accident die or was it the person that he crashed into?

Hope all the innocent victims make a speedy recovery.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Jokes aside...thanks. I hope the other three survive as well.
The driver of the one he crashed into died and one other was injured. His girlfriend(his passenger) is in a coma. I've known them for just a short time now...but mostly, very sad for the one that was lost in the other car and their family. And, no one wants to live with something like this forever. Short blasts are one thing, but pushing beyond when anything can happen on the road is another. Keep others and yourselves safe.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/willamette-valley/1-dead-3-hurt-in-hwy-99w-vehicle-crash/172078302

I found out his girlfriend is in an induced coma...so, likely for the intense pain due to her injuries. He, the EVO driver, is able to get up and around with help. The survivor in the other car's condition is unknown as we do not know them and no follow-up story has been released. Most importantly...sadness and concern still goes out for the one that was lost due to a deadly decision by the EVO X driver.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
not to downplay to the severity of the injuries but was the evo driver at fault as a result of "hot doggin"/showing off and being careless? Because there are countless times (cue the mustang joke) where drivers try to flex the size of their testicles by doing something stupid and causing harm to themselves and others

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
not to downplay to the severity of the injuries but was the evo driver at fault as a result of "hot doggin"/showing off and being careless? Because there are countless times (cue the mustang joke) where drivers try to flex the size of their testicles by doing something stupid and causing harm to themselves and others

Just wanted to report a happening that involved some I know. A local club threw together a pop-up gtg last night. Afterwards...one of the participants and members had left and shortly thereafter they crossed into oncoming traffic exiting the curves and hit an oncoming car...killing that driver and sending everyone else in both vehicles to hospitals around the area. The guy causing the accident also now has a girlfriend in a coma and in intensive care with multiple other injuries. They just left that gtg where everyone was posting on social media how much fun they had. I didn't go last night, but wanted to share this only in hopes we all think because we care. With love....for the poor lost innocent soul and you all.

Unless you're suicidal, people don't typically cross onto oncoming traffic on purpose.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Unless you're suicidal, people don't typically cross onto oncoming traffic on purpose.

yeah i get that, but it is not explicitly stated that the driver purposely drove into the other lane of traffic. he could have lost control of the car as a result of driving like a jackass

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
My point is, the driver of the evo was a jackass and for one reason or another ended up on the wrong side of the road and crashed into the minivan and killing the driver of the minivan.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It has been discovered that another vehicle was involved. Apparently another EVO(#2) was at the gtg. They left together heading the same direction and obviously were racing...because the other driver's EVO(#2) was impounded and charges are likely coming down for him too. I believe he talked to an attorney and turned himself in. I looked at the marks on the road...and where I initially thought the wreck took place isn't where the crash was. It was a bit farther down the road following a lesser curve than the one I originally thought it took place at. And something definitely went wrong because his tracks he made when braking are severely aimed into the other lanes from the far right lanes. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't take much at triple digit speeds.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
My condolences to that family. Let's take the racing to track and keep it off the street.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It is truly a sad thing when you know how this happened.

The girlfriend was in trouble last night with pneumonia and brain pressure. Still in the induced coma...she was operated on, her brain, early this morning and is still clinging to life. But just unsure when she will be in the clear and brought out of the coma.

The guy in the 2013 EVO also involved in the racing, but didn't hit anyone...is now saying he was following the 2010 EVO that hit the van and they were driving at 60mph. The brother of the deceased said there were two cars going very very fast...side by side. Wonder who will be believed???

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The guy in the 2013 EVO also involved in the racing, but didn't hit anyone...is now saying he was following the 2010 EVO that hit the van and they were driving at 60mph. The brother of the deceased said there were two cars going very very fast...side by side. Wonder who will be believed???

Sad situation for sure. Hopefully the people that can recover will and do.

As for who will be believed... Family in minivan versus two street race cars? I think the Evo will have a hard time explaining that they were driving responsibly unless the girlfriend can corroborate. I'm no lawyer, I'm just going by stereotypes and what would probably be assumed by police/court/jury.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Update: Driver of the EVO was sentenced to 12 years. His passenger, and then girlfriend at 19 yrs of age, still isn't well. She cannot talk...just makes sounds, and will never be able to care for herself.