GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 GTI Gray manual 6 speed - needs new motor or parts car.

engineben

$2,000
Bloomington, IN
Looking to sell as a whole for a parts car or engine drop. The engine blew at 167,000 miles after I just put around $2,500 into fixing various things. The car is in really good shape. The only thing wrong with it is the engine, starter and the headliner is starting to come apart in the front by the visors and sunglass holder. I already have too much money to sunk in to warrant paying someone to put in an engine. If you have the ability to do this yourself that would make this a great car again. Or if you have an 06-09 GTI this would make a great parts car. No mods. The car is stock except for the dash cubby I put in. CD player and all electronics, window motors and everything work great. The brakes, calipers and all that are solid. No tears in the seats. 2 sets of floor mats. cloth are brand new and the rubber are in the car.
The likely cause of the engine failure was the faulty cam shaft and follower. The paint and body is in great shape except for a few clear coat issues on the hood and few barely visible dents from car doors.

The photo with the steel wheels is how it looks now. The HUFFS photo is from when I bought it 10+ years ago.

Parts that are new:

-battery
-Air bag sensor
-Power steering sensor
-Front left and right fender warranty rust repair. The rear hatch was also replaced a few years ago under corrosion warranty. The only piece of rust is the front middle of the roof where it meets the windshield.
-Front left headlight and HID bulb
-Front right HID bulb

Parts that are fairly new
-16” steel wheels and all season tires – less than 8,000 miles. Paid $800 for the setup.
-wheels are truck bed liner painted black – shouldn’t ever rust.
-2 wheel speed sensors
-in tank fuel pump

I also have the original 18” Huff wheels. The tires are bad on them and the rims have some minor wear and tear but they still look great. I may look to sell those separately but you can make an offer on those as well. I’m thinking $100 each so $400 for the set.

It is currently at the Bloomington, Indiana VW dealership and I’m looking for someone that wants to buy it on site and tow it. But I am willing to entertain solid offers and arrangements if you’re not in the area.

This car was my baby for 10+ years. I took very good care of it and it shows. I bought it with 10,000 miles in 2007, so it’s a 2-owner. I would part it out myself but don’t have the time or the skills.

Message me if you have more questions but please don’t waste my time just wanting parts from it. It is being sold whole and as is with a blown motor.

Thanks,

Ben

Attachments

• GTI_WS_left.jpg
    GTI_WS_left.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 325

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
I'm in Indy as well, can you post some pics of the interior? I'm interested in the car for parts so no worry not parting out. I know this is 6 months old, so if it's still available let me know.