GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post the last picture of your MK5 and let's see how they are holding up...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It seems the MK5 GTI has sparked interest in the Golf that has been lacking in me since the MK3 and MK4 era.
I loved the MK1 and 2, but really lost interest from the early 90's on.
I was actually planning to buy a new Toyota 4x4. The local Toyota dealer here was also the VW dealer. One day I saw two GTI's on the lot, White and Red one's sitting right out front...and that was it for me. My mind was changed and I wanted one badly. I even subscribed to Eurotuner before ever buying the car so to keep up with what is going on with the new GTI. This only got my mind going as to what my plans would be once I have one. I've done all that I wanted to do outside of adding a front Ed30 front lip...and still plan on doing so. I did want the Ed30 Recaro-option leather front seats...you wouldn't happen to have a new pair would you?

Here is mine from yesterday and last night...a 2007 bought Nov. 2006

Last edited:

elcubanomk5

Just added an intercooler and downpipe. Bought March 2018 Completely stock and started my project April 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal

Somewhere in Utah on a recent road trip. I was on the phone right before this was taken I looked up and saw her there, waiting for me. [emoji7]

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
elcubanomk5...gotta a nice start going there.

eurocars...can't wait to see a vid of yours when the build is fini. How you will get it running minus all the krap that I still got is beyond me. Definitely the most ridiculously shaved bay I have yet seen in a MK5. Luv it! Good wurk!

707Stang...I know the feeling. Sometimes wonder why go to GTG's when I can sit at home and stare at it. LOL! But still hoping for to get a used MK7 or 2018 7-speed DSG Golf R in the near future to have an affair with. Would really love it if VWoA would bring the Scirocco R over here but with a 2.5L turbo of the RS3 and TTRS. :drool:

I've done a couple things I regret;
  • Trying the DM K04+ tune; because had to rebuild my engine and then when they sent me their new closed loop versions, they quit and I got no help making it run right. I have four open-loop versions for pump and race unleaded and leaded and two closed-loop versions for pump and race...and all pretty much useless.
  • Adding a Forge WGA while having GIAC K04 HO tune; because didn't know, when installed, of the problems of running the Forge WGA when one's tune is not adjustable like revo or other...and it may have something to do with my high fuel pressure target only being 110 bar since the switch back from DM to GIAC. I keep thinking the only changes made while running the DM tune was making it catless and adding the Forge WGA. Forge employee even stated somewhere on this forum it is not for nonadjustable tunes but can be a cheap replacement option if your oem WG fails...after I bought and installed it. Wish I hadn't thrown out the oem K04 WG. I will have a Forge WGA for sale whenever I replace this turbo, right?!?!?

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Holding up like a champ!

Builtnotbought81

Car(s)
VW Golf GTi Mk5 2005
Just purchased my first Golf GTI Mk5 2.0l [emoji41]
Needs a little TLC so it's a working project right now. My plan in motion is to replace all interior defects, tidy exterior including respray, improve handling, then finally increase performance & power.
Anyone on here with quality parts for sale ? Please send me a DM or just list below.

Thanks.

VW MkV
Golf GTi
TfSi 2.0L

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
Needs a little TLC so it's a working project right now. My plan in motion is to replace all interior defects, tidy exterior including respray, improve handling, then finally increase performance & power.
Anyone on here with quality parts for sale ? Please send me a DM or just list below.

Thanks.

VW MkV
Golf GTi
TfSi 2.0L

What’s your wheel set up if you don’t mind telling me ?

Soysauce

Nooob
Car(s)
'07 Gti
99094A46-6088-4683-8A7A-1C37DF645C5F.jpeg Most recent picture of mine, I try to keep it looking as new as possible :thumbsup: p.s. sorry for the massive picture, posted straight from my phone

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

You got a bit more to plan not having since new...but here's a big Thank You for taking care of one of the family members. :thumbsup:

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Here she is this past fall parked next to a random MK6. I think we all agree which one looks better :fighting0030:

I'm hitting 12 years of ownership in May. Sad to see my corrosion warranty finally going away, which I've used to have the fenders and hatch replaced. Anyway, having the expense of 2 kids and maybe more on the way has me keeping this car for likely many years to come. I'll just keep modding little by little to keep it interesting and probably hand it to my boys one day.

Much appreciation to this forum for the help over the years with timing belt, suspension, clutch and K04 swap DYI's. Everything done to this car has been with my two hands. "Built not Bought" as they say.