GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Very interested in driving impressions, but since you are having so much done to the car at once, it'll be hard to pinpoint the difference made by the arms.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Very interested in driving impressions, but since you are having so much done to the car at once, it'll be hard to pinpoint the difference made by the arms.

SuperSkyline89 will be the guy to listen to. You are right I am changing up my suspension so much I won't be able to comment. I am adding 3 different UB braces, switched to new YCW coilovers with control plates, switched from stock sized wheels/tires to 18x10 wheels and tires will be around 295/30, new spherical rear trailing, same for adj rear control arms. I already had full set of poly bushings, subframe kits, Eibach sways. And I will be taking it to a suspension shop to have it all dialed in with more track friendly settings, I was running street settings before.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yup, so much progress...Haha, I remember when you were going to keep the 'vet and give it the GTI to your son!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Your cars got me all excited now.

Edit: And now I want those front arms lol.

They are sweet.

As if I haven't bought enough stuff lately found a PTP underhood liner to go along with the PTP firewall blanket.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yup, so much progress...Haha, I remember when you were going to keep the 'vet and give it the GTI to your son!

After looking at my PayPal transaction history I should have stayed with that plan. Not really. Having too much fun. This project is perfect example of why you need a budget though.

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
They are sweet.

As if I haven't bought enough stuff lately found a PTP underhood liner to go along with the PTP firewall blanket.

There is no point in that, it contains more heat in the engine bay with that.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
There is no point in that, it contains more heat in the engine bay with that.

It is just for looks.

Not worried about raising temps by putting in a replacement hood liner.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I though they already sell it drilled and ready for water meth!

No. It comes with a single port. The v2 version (one I have) added the flat cast areas to accomodate jets on the runners if you want to add them. Aquamist has these nice little jet holders so it makes for a clean easy job. I bought this from a forum memeber who purchased but never installed it. If you order it from HPA they will customize it for direct inject.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
PTP underhood blanket arrived today.....

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
034 billet mounts going in for trans engine install this weekend.