GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Trans is cleaned up after 3 hours in the cabinet (old enamel is hard to get off), took it to the car wash to power wash out any little glass beads from the blast cabinet. Baked it in the oven after I got home to make sure no water was hanging around to rust the bearings before I got it assembled. Wife didn't appreciate that

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
Wife didn't appreciate that

That is something I will never understand... it is clean and solid so what's the problem... It's the same thing at my house: when I want to clean something just by throwing it into the dishwasher(AFTER I cleaned it already with degreaser etc) the wife starts nagging... That is what it is suppose to do right: clean stuff(whether it are dishes or car parts...):23:

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Whats that throttle body off of? Always something I can snag at work new, like those hemi throttle bodies. I just dont know which would have problems bolting up. What do you have to modify for the inlet flange?
Got my valve cover bolts! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Terrible. The oil filter housing I got doesn't even fit and will have to be machined to even get close. I finally got my parts 10 and a half months after I paid him and complained every week. He sent me the oil pan so I wouldn't go on a public rant about how awful it was to deal with him. Some of the parts he makes are nice, but it's no longer worth the hassle to me
Lol that guys been a wreck. Back in the day when me and my room mate came up with the 2.0t coil packs in the 1.8ts abd the spacer design. We gave issam our cad drawings and he gave us free spacers. Then if I ever mentioned it on a forum he was on he would lose his shit an he came up with it even though its on our thread on the vortex.

projectDIY

So much win. The best looking 2L TFSI engine I have seen. Where did you get the titanium exhaust studs from? and have you painted the cylinder head? I can't wait to see this all bolted back together.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Looks amazing as always, feel free to come stay in my garage an pick away at wire tucking my car ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
Why vent the PCV directly? it will make your engine bay a mess with those oily fumes, as well as it will stink as hell. I'd reroute it to somewhere under the car, or just install a catch-can.
Other than that: boner giving build!!!!!!!!