GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

vdubbaby

Fast is the only way!!
I have a vagcom and I was wondering if anyone knows that if you periodically ran the basic settings on the throttle body or calibrate the DSG will it improve the performance(i.e. throttle response)? Or would this F up something??

TEABAG

GTI Bunny hopper
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV CW 2.0T
Anybody in around norwood, MA who has the Vag-Com, I'm whiling to pay to get the DLR' shut off and the Windows through car key!:tongue:

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
for the window roll down feature... can you make it only do the two front windows on a sedan? or is it all or nothing?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

Flying_Finn

Drag Race Newbie
No Response from Controller

I just borrowed my buddies Hex-Com, installed the software on my laptop and tried hooking up to my car. The only controller screen that works is the transmission screen, all other screens return a "no response from controller" message. I cant figure out what is going on. The setup looks to be good except it says that the CAM is not active, but the damn thing just wont connect except to the transmission setup.

Any ideas what to do?

-finn

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
I just borrowed my buddies Hex-Com, installed the software on my laptop and tried hooking up to my car. The only controller screen that works is the transmission screen, all other screens return a "no response from controller" message. I cant figure out what is going on. The setup looks to be good except it says that the CAM is not active, but the damn thing just wont connect except to the transmission setup.

Any ideas what to do?

-finn

you need a CAN BUS cable. i believe the only ones that will work are Hex+CAN and Micro-CAN

Dr. Burgle

Ready to race!
My buddy has a VAG and he turned off my DLR's for me. We tried to set the window roll up my keyfob but couldn't find it in the long code helper.
Do you actualy have to do long code or is there a place in the helper to turn it on easier?

CrzySpoolinIndian

What can brown do for you
My buddy has a VAG and he turned off my DLR's for me. We tried to set the window roll up my keyfob but couldn't find it in the long code helper.
Do you actualy have to do long code or is there a place in the helper to turn it on easier?

I believe this information is in the vag com guide that is in this thread, at least its what i used to do this on my car. Here is the info on page 7:

"-To enable the windows to be controlled by the remote (sunroof will only close), adjust
your bytes 6, 7, and 8 accordingly. Bytes 6, 7, and 8 shown below have been adjusted for
remote operation of the windows"

You basically click on the right byte in section 3 and make sure your check marks in the bits match pics....0C, 3E and 29 look like the ones you are after, remembering that the first byte is 0 and not 1.

ard

Ready to race!
i rear ended someone a while back and ever since i had the repair work done, the hood open indicator in the MFD is constantly going off. the body shop is willing to replace the latch but i would prefer to not have my oettinger bumper removed and reinstalled. does anyone know or would anyone be willing to check if it is possible to disable the hood open indicator in the MFD via VAGCOM?

GT_GREG

zee germans are coming
Car(s)
rabbit
hey guys.

im wondering if its possible for the vag tuner to turn off my drl's and turn on my parking lights when the car is moving with the headlights turned off?

currently my my headlights come on no matter waht as soon as the ebrake is disengaged.

and my parking lights(peanut bulbs in the highbeams) only turn on when the headlights are on.

can i program that differently?

Rabbid0281

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 Sage Green Rabbit
Rear doors throwing codes

So i followed everything for the remote windows, and my rear doors are throwing codes: Door Control Modules, No Signal/Communication. I cant find any other codes or things unchecked that might cause this to happen. Other than that, i have no way of knowing if the coding worked because nothing happens to the windows. Any help?

Rabbid0281

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 Sage Green Rabbit
nvmd, i mustve messed with something outside of the module. reapplied my base codes and then tried again, and now it works..sigh!:mad0259:

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
hey guys.

im wondering if its possible for the vag tuner to turn off my drl's and turn on my parking lights when the car is moving with the headlights turned off?

currently my my headlights come on no matter waht as soon as the ebrake is disengaged.

and my parking lights(peanut bulbs in the highbeams) only turn on when the headlights are on.

can i program that differently?

You need a euro switch to turn on parking lights without headlights. Mine worked fine without needing vag-com but my DRL were not enabled.