GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brake vibration

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
ok so i did a quick search and didnt find to much on this....I got a vibration through the brake pedal when im sitting at idle. Anyone got any ideas on what it might be caused by?

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Sounds like a master cylinder issue although I've never had that complaint before.

adrock319

is awesome.
maybe no. i've had the same thing. check your vacuum line (its hard to describe without a picture, but its under the engine cover towards the front right of the engine and its a series of three pre-bent hoses connected at a single check valve). its directly hooked up to the brake booster. my problem was a broken plastic piece at the top of the engine at the end of one of these pre-bent hoses. FIX IT ASAP!!! i had no idea what was going on initially, but it finally snapped in two. my throttle was going out of control, and i had no brakes. the brake pedal would not depress a single centimeter.

i'm not sure if this is actually the problem, but definitely something you should check out.

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
Umm does this happen behind ricers or people with really loud music playing, occasionally ill feel the rumble of a fart can in my brake pedal as well as really bassy music. That probably isnt what your feeling though so...

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
hahahaha na topgear im really never behind them if you know what i mean..... :) thanks for all the ideas, im not sure if it is the vacume line i still have brake preasure and feel. its more of like a knocking in the pedal..i hesitate to use that word cause its not motor knock i know what that feels like. any way i dropped it off this morning at the dealership and i hope to have an answer for all of you tomorrow as to what it was..... thanks again folks. and lets keep those ricers in the rear view

adrock319

is awesome.
i'm eager to see how they diagnose it.

my problem started out like you had described, with some slight vibration/shaking through the brake pedal. it wouldn't do it all the time, but just about every other stop light or so. i don't remember losing any brake feel when i first noticed it, but it gradually got worse.

i hope everything gets fixed.

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
ok all just got off the phone with the dealer.... he said because of the EVOMS putting preasure on the master cylinder (like wana said) this might cause the vibration... im going to install the hose clamp on the box that i did not install when i got the intake (cause there was no hole to install it into) and see if that helps out the issue. if not im going to take it out and run stock for a couple of days and see if that helps the issue.... ill let yall know

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
hey what the hell it worked. moved the intake tube off the master cylender and no more vibration.... im going to keep an eye on it but hope that it stays just the way it is... :)

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
That is an example of aftermarket parts causing a problem and the dealer being right. Gotta give them props. Most people only post how pissed they are at a dealer for voiding the warranty, at least you're honest.

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
the vibration wasnt that bad but it was noticable enough to piss me off....I had to bring the car in and get an oil change any way so it wasnt to big of a deal.

//GTI_Fast07

Stock 2007 Black GTI
Car(s)
Black 2007 GTI
So what part of the tube was on the master cylinder? I just installed my evoms intake and am having the exact same problem. I know where that check valve is that was mentioned earlier. The one the goes the the v-twin right? But I don't see the intake tube resting on anything now. Where did you see it making contact so I can try to make sure I'm not missing something now. I took the box out also just to see if that was the part pressing against something, but I'm still feeling the popping in the pedal.