JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
does it play music from it or do you need more for that looks really clean and nice

It does not, it only supplies power via the USB to charge your electronic devices. Underneath the front center console, it basically splices into the power wires of the 12v outlet.

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Yesterday went ahead and put on the AWE Tuning CCB intake and the 034 Motorsport catch can.

Install was a breeze for the intake, much less so for the catch can. The two main problems were, that one of the bolt holes was striped out and couldn't get the bolt in (it would just rotate freely). The other was because I had an aftermarket engine mount, the bolt that was supplied didn't have a long enough thread on it to fully bolt on the mount and catch can.

The first problem will be dealt with later, the second was solved by putting the catch can in another hole nearby that was there with a smaller bolt and it thankfully worked out perfectly.

Another minor issue is that in the instructions it says that the intake is supposed to be pressed against the air duct of the front. I don't know how that can be achieved since it sits on the bottom of the two mounts with robber grommets and is then bolted in the back. We'll see how I can figure this one out.

Other than that, both products look really great and are definitely high quality. What I would've like more is AWE's instruction manual to also state why, instead of only do this and that, because it gives you a clearer picture of the steps and also doesn't confuse you when you're told to do something.

Other than that, great products from both companies!

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Quality items. And I'm glad to see you ran the lines the way you did for the catch.

Yeah, was shown like that in the instructions which looks the best anyway. They are some pretty lines though, never seen such lines before in my life.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Great progress. You can add me to the list of people that are planning to do the USB and AUX cable upgrades. I installed a garage door opener in the 2nd slot just before winter, these two will finish it off nicely.

How do you like the StopTechs? I'm waiting on my new wheels to come in around the end of this month before ordering a StopTech system too.

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
How do you like the StopTechs? I'm waiting on my new wheels to come in around the end of this month before ordering a StopTech system too.

I like em, compared to the stock ones, they're pretty good and much better pedal feel. They do need some heat before they bite hard though, at least with the stoptech pads that come with the BBK kit.

Plus, the red matches lovely with the rear ones.

Barrett

veeeeeduuub
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
heyyy, can you provide links to where I can get the correct CAN BUS LED bulbs for my interior and plate lights?

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
heyyy, can you provide links to where I can get the correct CAN BUS LED bulbs for my interior and plate lights?

I ordered mine from the German eBay, but since you're in the US I doubt that would be helpful at all.

But, I think the site http://deautokey.com/ is your best choice, yet I don't know of any other so take it with a grain of salt.