GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust

Old 08-10-2018, 01:14 AM   #1
Metalix031

Drives: 2007 rabbit
Dorman pcv replacement rough idle

Hey all after searching the forums I'm having trouble finding the information I'm looking for. I have a 2007 vw rabbit 2.5 with the infamous pcv problems. The car idles rough but when I disconnect the pcv tube and block it off the car runs like a champ. So I opened the diaphragm housing and there was a slight tear, needless to say I rushed to the nearest auto parts store and picked up the Dorman repair kit. 15min install and Overjoyed I started the car only to find my problem still persists and I hear almost an air pump like sound coming from the valve cover. Is there a trick to the pcv install? I've read that the Dorman needs a "break in"? Is it possible to be leaking at the o-ring on the vacuum tube or the valve cover ( I know there's a slow oil leak) ? I'm planning on using some smoke tomorrow to determine if there's any leaks around the inlet and diaphragm just trying to see if anyone has had a similar result with the Dorman. This is my daily driver so I need her back n going. Thank you all in advance!
Metalix031 is offline   Reply With Quote