GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

07 MkV GTI Compatibility with 08 Audi S3 P8

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to this forum and I'm looking for advice on what looks like a good opportunity to give my golf a good performance boost for cheap.

A family member of mine has recently purchased a 2008 Audi S3 and plans to take it to stage 3. This obviously entails removing many of the oem parts. It is clear that these cars are extremely similar and the oem parts we remove from the Audi would in theory provide better performance for my golf... at least that's what i hope and why I'm here ;)

Currently my red GTI is sitting at 120,000kms, 2 months ago i traveled interstate and found a wrecked stage 2 08 GTI, many of the parts had already been claimed but i went over and was able to remove the full 3' turbo back exhaust, ecs tuning lightweight crank pulley, GFB DV+, rkx turbo muffler delete. All up, these parts cost me $850 AUD, As of a few weeks ago everything has been installed, the car sounds infinitely better and i can't prove it but it is clear to me at least that there has been performance improvements.

The downpipe and cat appear to be high quality tig welded stainless however the rear end of the exhaust was very poorly fabricated, as i had to cut it in half to transport this section i went ahead and ground and rewelded the welds. This portion was average quality mild steel that had been mig welded by a toddler.

Money is exceedingly tight... (i have fuckall) however now that there is not much to do on my baby i need to think outside of the box. The Audi was bought today and the owner is not attached to the parts we are removing.

To those of you who know more than i, any information or advice on swapping out parts such as the intercooler, turbo, shifter (throw feels shorter?) Brakes, and injectors would be really appreciated.... even if it provides a negligible upgrade, i love my car and just knowing better parts are in it will make me happy :))
Cheers for you're time fellas!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
So, you will be getting the Audi S3's turbo and oem FMIC to go along with what you just acquired? The engines are the same other than the turbo, injectors, intercooler, and one or both of the cams differ.

You will need the injectors if planning to tune with an off-the-shelf tunes and they will require S3 or RS4 injectors. You will need what the tuner requires.

If you're going to custom tune it...you may not need the injectors but the power will not be maximized.

Also, to reach maximum potential...you will want to upgrade the hpfp internals. That will require you to swap in a new Cam Follower every 10k to 20k miles. Again, the hpfp upgrade is determined by the tuner. Shelf K04 tune...yes, hpfp upgrade needed. Custom tune...they can make it work without and depends on whether or not you want to get the most out of it.

The K04 will run without; tuning, the hpfp upgrade, or the S3 or RS4 injectors...but it isn't worth installing all of it without tuning.

So, you will be getting the Audi S3's turbo and oem FMIC to go along with what you just acquired? The engines are the same other than the turbo, injectors, intercooler, and one or both of the cams differ.

You will need the injectors if planning to tune with an off-the-shelf tunes and they will require S3 or RS4 injectors. You will need what the tuner requires.

If you're going to custom tune it...you may not need the injectors but the power will not be maximized.

Also, to reach maximum potential...you will want to upgrade the hpfp internals. That will require you to swap in a new Cam Follower every 10k to 20k miles. Again, the hpfp upgrade is determined by the tuner. Shelf K04 tune...yes, hpfp upgrade needed. Custom tune...they can make it work without and depends on whether or not you want to get the most out of it.

The K04 will run without; tuning, the hpfp upgrade, or the S3 or RS4 injectors...but it isn't worth installing all of it without tuning.

Thankyou for you're valuable help mate!! Turbo, injectors and FMIC are some of the first things to come off the audi. I cant wait to fit them onto the golf, sadly im a student and wont be able to afford a tune for some time however i may just start with the FMIC and hold onto the other bits till i can sort it properly (definatley go for Hpfp, and dyno tune most likely)

In terms of suspension any clue if i could straight swap the s3 shocks and break discs / calipers (came with brembos from the dealer)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk