Opinions needed- body work

R32 Rear- shaving and molding

• Just Shave the reflectors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
I only want to do this once and am really having a hard time :frown: I know I will get a bunch of "it's your car do what you like" but please hear me out. I am almost at a point where I am ready to paint- still gathering final components and researching local shops. I am definitely going with the following:

Golf GT grill- satin black
R-line fogs- satin black
R32 lower exhaust diffuser- satin black
Votex front- lower piece of lip satin black
Thunderbunny Side Skirts
Leaving my door moldings

AND.... this is where I'm stuck. I don't want to shave the door moldings because I am 4 door and they break up the sides. I was looking at my R32 rear and am wondering should I shave it all:

mold the bumper, leave the "lip", and leave the reflectors:

shave the reflectors, leave the lip and not mold the line:

just color match it, no shave, no molding and be leave it all OEM:

I am on the fence and can really use some opinions to help me decide. I am thinking of molding the Votex front lip to the front bumper and shaving everything on the front but think maybe keeping all the OEM lines and even the side markers (CW can pull off clear LOL) may even look best if I just color match the rear. :23:

I am tired of looking at google images (photos courtesy of here, the tex and ecs btw) and would like to hear other people's opinions- I have been going around in circle for two weeks and and now snowed in. :help:

Poll is up- I have a few weeks until my TB sides an front end parts come in (rear and exhaust is already on). Any feedback/advice/horror stories on the body work would be appreciated as well. I am leaning toward a shop that uses 3M Panel Bond or Lord Fusor products and has experience with either. Thank you :thumbsup: