GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro System Kit vs Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit

boon

Anybody compared the two or are they simlar? There's about a $100 difference in price between them. I'm thinking of getting the eibachs are don't want to lower my car too much and also wanna preserve comfort as much as possible

thezoneR32

Ready to race!

thefullarchie

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI, BM, 3Dr, MT
do a search for threads by "whitejames"... plenty of reviews.

I'm running the koni FSD/neuspeed pro cup kit. Was pretty cheap at around $1100 but have had a few issues. Because the neuspeed springs are progressive they can make a chattering noise. I had mine sleeved but this increased ride height slightly and I then also developed spring bind as a result.

From what I hear this noise is less of an issue on the eibach springs, but IIRC the stance achieved from the eibach springs means the car has some rake (slightly higher at the rear compared to the front). Up to you if you mind this cosmetically.

The FSD's are a great shock and I'd go them again if doing springs/shocks combo, but personally if doing it again I'd spend some more cash on it and get some coils. KW V3's seem to be one of the best out there from what I've read. At the end of the day I wanted to be able to lower the car more than the pro cup kit lets you, and coils gives this freedom.

If you're set on a springs/shocks combo due to budget and want to go a lower height, then PM 'Byza' and ask what he was running. Pretty sure it was koni yellows with a lower spring than both the neuspeed and eibach, but cant remember the exact spring.

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
V3s are too hardcore for daily driving. Interesting comments from the above post as I was running FSD/Neuspeed Sport Springs and had no noise or spring bind issues whatsoever. HPA SHS is a better 'street' coilover but doesn't have the ride comfort of FSD. FSD and NS Sport or Eibach springs will give ride comfort much better than stock with better handling and about 25-30mm drop. Win win.

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Perhaps you should consider settling on a kit that has been comprehensively evaluated. By all means be a guinea pig with yet another kit but isn't there enough info on combos already?