GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roadside Assistance with Extended Warranty

Mark4323

GTI Blue Graphite | DSG |
Hi

Time to get the extended warranty. The dealer has offered 3 years roadside assist for $250.

Can anyone provide information on this?

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
You do realise that roadside assist and extended warranty are entirely different. When I extended my warranty with the "bells and whistles" Allianz backed warranty I took at roadside assist as provided by Allianz. From memory, I think it was $99.00 per year.

Booba

Ready to race!
Call SCC for your vw extended warranty and you will get a letter from the vw roadside assist which is run by mondial with a price for roadside assist.

alternatively you can just get racq or similar roadside assist as that is who comes out anyway.

Mark4323

Is that Southern Classic? I got a better price from CCC for the extended warranty.

Do Mondial run the 'VW Assist' programme?

Booba

Ready to race!
Yeah Southern Classic. I think they are both pretty competetive I just went with SCC.

I believe Mondial do as that is what came up on my cc statement.

Is that Southern Classic? I got a better price from CCC for the extended warranty.

Do Mondial run the 'VW Assist' programme?

Mark4323

I did a search and there was an article on VWWatercooled saying it was mondial.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
You do realise that roadside assist and extended warranty are entirely different. When I extended my warranty with the "bells and whistles" Allianz backed warranty I took at roadside assist as provided by Allianz. From memory, I think it was $99.00 per year.

I too took the Allianz B&W...but for some reason I never got charged for the Roadside Assistance... so I got it for free... and it WUZ EZY!!!! :biggrin:

Used it too... twice.

Just BTW and prolly a thread jack (lil bit)...all of you guys with cars out of warranty do you still get your Volkswagen magazine???? ... jus wunderin'...

EDIT:...Ooops nearly forgot...G'day Christophe...nice to see you're still hangin' here.

Mark4323

I continued to get it after my Polo went out of warranty a few years ago

Booba

Ready to race!
Yeah I recieved mine after the warranty.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
^ ^^ thanks Guys...so too do I, and I wondered if it was an oversight.(albeit a pleasant one)

Mark4323

^ ^^ thanks Guys...so too do I, and I wondered if it was an oversight.(albeit a pleasant one)

Well, it's basically just advertising material, so why would they stop sending it?

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
^ Too true...