GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bags>Coils>Bags?

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 CW GTi
if you mod a car just to win at shows thats cool, though you are catering to the public and judges and not your own ideas. do your own thing and fuck raising the car up...coils limit the ability to get low.
as a friend said on my driving habits... i see a pothole and i lower the car.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Great opinion guys. I was at 21.5 from fender to ground and the frame about an inch of the ground, at 90mph I would merge lanes and knock of road reflectors. Road trips were also horrible and people wld tell me to raise it but I didn't listen lol sooo since I have experianced that, I will tell anyone who tells me fuk bags to fuk off bc I would know both worlds lol..no I would be running airlift xtra low struts and bags, koni sport strut rears, autopilot managment, 480 dual compressors, and easy street manifolds : ) ... I guess u guys have a point about bags at show but I was able to win best in class over a bagged jetta, clean ass looking ride, when I first saw it I'm lik o shit I lost lol but luckly I didn't. This was a big event too.

Ok for those bagged, how often do you experience leaks, blow outs, or any other problems? How do you align the car if you keep going up and down lol does it affect tire wear? Any reviews on the setup I posted... Thanks! And I am excited for this =D

As blksunshine said you are not immune to leaks, when I had my bags in no matter how many times i went over the lines/fittings I could never completely rid the system of leaks. I would fill the tank and bags up at night and by the next morning they would be completely empty. With that being said if everything is properly installed you should be able to minimize that. I'm sure others will disagree, but as far as alignments go its pretty much impossible. Reason being is because you will never ever be able to adjust all 4 corners to the exact height that they were aligned at, so its useless. Because of that reason I went threw tires like nothing. The outsides of the tire were like brand new but the insides would wear to the belts.

Another thing most people don't think about is that our cars had literally thousands and thousands of hours of R&D testing, etc. They were built purposefully to be as safe as possible a high speeds. When you destroy all that and replace it with parts that have a fraction of the time put in to them, combined with a pieced together a kit from various different manufacturers, and installed by some self assured gear heads in a day, you have a not so safe vehicle. Now this sounds absolutely retarded, because it is, but when i would be going at +100 speeds I would be thinking...did i tighten that valve enough? or is that bag going to fall out of its seat and blow up, or what if the line is rubbing on the tire, or wtf am I doing if this bag blows I'm dead. Sorry for the lecture, just another angle to view this at.

As far as your set up, I can't speak for the other parts, but the auto pilot is great and it installs extremely easily with the easy street valves. I would go with the viair 400c compressors as they fill up faster, or you could check out their newer models which I'm not to familiar with but have heard great things about.

check out kevin@ airassisted.com
great guy and service.

good luck!

dub4orl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mkv gti
alex, i told you already. stock struts + cut springs = sex on wheels. do it. ;)

GTIzlatko

Ready to race!
i'd say bags just because they are way more fun ... a good advice is that you don't go cheap when it comes to it, get good components, and make sure you maintain the system. Its AirRide its not perfect ..

when it comes to shows yeah sure bags have a wow factor but by no means do they give you an advantage when it comes to shows. So far no mkV on air has made it to H2O top Dawg, no mkV won a show because they are on bags.

There are to many turds (i mean that in a good way) out there who believe they should win just because they have air. :bellyroll:

Static drop is by no means inferior to air. Once again its a matter of personal opinion!

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
Static drop is by no means inferior to air. Once again its a matter of personal opinion!

when it comes to shows dont you think static is inferior to air?
IMO.....since air could go lower, it would give those cars an advantage over a static car that couldnt go as low :iono:

BossDuB27

Illuminati
Bags or coils wont help you win anything at a show if thats what you're after. Most people don't judge cars based on how low they are, but on the car as a whole (i.e wheels, body work, etc.). Bags and coils are a dime a dozen these days so you need other things to make yourself stand out.

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
awesome opinions guys and great help. i know i will be dealing with leaks and what not but i dont what to deal with it ALOT so i am getting everything brand new. from what i have read and have been told, the kit i built up is a good combo BUT i may be wrong.....as for the tire wear, all i am really concerned about is the front. i have never really cared for the rears but i hate when the fronts toe and they arent centered, then i get a crazy wear along with shaking but thats worst case and this is why i ask. so i should go with the 400c compressors instead, what is the difference between the two?

GTIzlatko

Ready to race!
when it comes to shows dont you think static is inferior to air?
IMO.....since air could go lower, it would give those cars an advantage over a static car that couldnt go as low :iono:

No i don't. Say if you have bags and your trunk setup is wack and dirty then there go your points. Keep in mind that the car is judged as whole ( A THEME ), what look are you going for, etc. If you just throw on parts witn no reason or rhyme it could very well hurt you. Cars are also judged not just how they look but also the quality of the work done to them.

Bags or coils wont help you win anything at a show if thats what you're after. Most people don't judge cars based on how low they are, but on the car as a whole (i.e wheels, body work, etc.). Bags and coils are a dime a dozen these days so you need other things to make yourself stand out.

x2

GTIzlatko

Ready to race!
awesome opinions guys and great help. i know i will be dealing with leaks and what not but i dont what to deal with it ALOT so i am getting everything brand new. from what i have read and have been told, the kit i built up is a good combo BUT i may be wrong.....as for the tire wear, all i am really concerned about is the front. i have never really cared for the rears but i hate when the fronts toe and they arent centered, then i get a crazy wear along with shaking but thats worst case and this is why i ask. so i should go with the 400c compressors instead, what is the difference between the two?

if i had to do my air ride over again - well i kinda am in process of doing it, i'd go with

Bagyard struts or Masontech/Airlift wouldn't be a bad choice either.
5 gallon tank,
accuair manifold and digital managment
ridetech big red manifold and redetech digital managment
2 watertraps
2 480 compressors

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy

I would go with the 400c over the 480c because it is $70 cheaper, at lower psi's it fills much quicker, and at its max psi of 150 it is only slightly slower than the 480. The only real difference between the two besides price is that the 480c fills to 200psi@100% duty cycle while the 400c to 150psi@33%. If your going to be running these for long periods of time the 480c might get burned out quickly.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-01 at 11.37.03 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-01 at 11.37.03 AM.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen shot 2010-03-01 at 11.37.20 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-01 at 11.37.20 AM.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 185

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Bags are for groceries.

ladytron

dual 480s will draw less amperage, thus saving your alternator, and are significantly quieter in our cars

unless your airing out 24/7 I wouldn't worry about the duty cycle

ladytron

...but as far as alignments go its pretty much impossible. Reason being is because you will never ever be able to adjust all 4 corners to the exact height that they were aligned at, so its useless. Because of that reason I went threw tires like nothing. The outsides of the tire were like brand new but the insides would wear to the belts.

in manual setups, yes. but dig management with auto leveling lets you set a ride height, and then get an alignment at that. because all four corners auto-level, you maintain dead-on ride height no matter what load variations in weight you have.

accuair's e-level also has a cruise/down height, full up, and decked, all on the controller and remote FOB. trick.