GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bags>Coils>Bags?

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
What does evryone thing, what is more dayum to have, a slammed car on bags or coils. Opinions, and i mean at shows events, u know ect ect...

Last edited:

GTIWV

WV VW
i would have to say completly dumped on coils. that shows dedication, especially on this car with the subframe as low as it is.

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
Do you need to raise it to drive around? How low do you want to go?

Obvoiusly air suspension would allow you to sit way low and then lift it for driving over nasty roads, but for me (not into slammed) coilovers gave me the lowered stance and improved handling I was after. Your answer is pretty much dependent on what you want out of the car.

BossDuB27

Illuminati
subscribed

kfconme

Ready to race!
I love seeing a car slammed, asking if they're on bags and having them say no. Static drop ftw.

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
i have been static for 2 yrs and gone thru 2 oil pans, i sold my coils to get new ones but now i am deciding to run bags, if i run them, i will drive as low as i did on my coils and just raise it when i really need to..i heard before that going backs wont let you drive low but now that it has been clarified then i want to run them, not for a show reason but for a comfort reason, road trips are insane, i bottomed out all the damn time on the florida turnpike going over every bridge and my fenders have taken a seriois beating...

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
At a show I'd say that last little bit of low bags give is what sets it off.

However, everyone is going on bags these days, and I think its way ballsier to ride with your subframe <1" off the deck.