GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 vs. 335i *Includes with pretty illustrations!*

iceberq

pewpew
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG/CW/APR
So you got pissed off because somebody wanted to pass you on the road? And then you tailgated him, trying to race him, causing danger to somebody who was just in a rush? If I am getting the right image here, then this sounds like maturity fail.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
you sure it was a 335i and not a 335xi?

krische

vdubber in training
So you got pissed off because somebody wanted to pass you on the road? And then you tailgated him, trying to race him, causing danger to somebody who was just in a rush? If I am getting the right image here, then this sounds like maturity fail.

Pretty sure it sounds like the OP was stopping at a stop sign, and the guy in the 335 behind him goes around the OP while he is pulling away from the stop sign.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy

If thats how you'd like to twist the story than i guess whatever works man.

Pretty sure it sounds like the OP was stopping at a stop sign, and the guy in the 335 behind him goes around the OP while he is pulling away from the stop sign.

Thank you

koan.2teps

Passed Driver's Ed
If both drivers were going full throttle, its impossible for a stage 1 GTI to close the gap with the 335i. It might hang on with it till 70ish (if lucky), but def. not 'closing in' on it. I think the 335i driver probably "stomped on" the gas for a few seconds, let go and slowed down when he saw a slow car infront and the OP was probably still mashing on the pedal quickly catching up.

BossDuB27

Illuminati

silence newb you have no right to speak

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO

:sm3:

alexfree05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
my friend's 335i with intake and exhaust raped a stage 2 gti on 30,40,50, and 60 roll...
they shut down at 140 ....

atombomb33

Ready to race!
Wow. This is just laughable the overinflated belief that some GTI owners hold of their car.

Do some of you truly believe a stage 1 GTI is faster than a 335?

I've never lost to a stage 1 GTI in my Evo...any roll, any speed. It's not even close. Stage 2 is a good race, but stage 1 is a joke. I've lost to a 335 by a little bit in a few roll races from various speeds.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Wow. This is just laughable the overinflated belief that some GTI owners hold of their car.

I've never lost to a stage 1 GTI in my Evo...any roll, any speed. It's not even close. Stage 2 is a good race, but stage 1 is a joke. I've lost to a 335 by a little bit in a few roll races from various speeds.

stage I GTI can trap ~100mph. according to EVO X forums, you should trap about the same. considering you get a much nicer launch with AWD and better acceleration at the start of the 1/4 mile, you want to say that a stg I gti is a joke from a roll for your evo?

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy

Bro I never said that my GTI was faster than a 335, actually I would love to own one and am in no way VWcentric in my opinions. And as I as well as others have said, "street" racing is what it is, if this were on a drag strip obviously it is bullshit, if this were against a ferrari, obviously this would be bullshit, but it wasn't. It was against a car with 50 more HP, same TQ and if I'm not mistaken heavier...another point I will add is that I'm not a top fuel drag racing guru, nor would I ever compare to Jeff Gordon on the track, and I'm 99% sure the other guy in the 335 wasn't either, it was just a couple of guys with a heavy foot, I just don't get whats so improbable about there stories.

I think wee need to set up a show...called MKVbusters, to refute everyones BS on here

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 CW GTi
Bro I never said that my GTI was faster than a 335, actually I would love to own one and am in no way VWcentric in my opinions. And as I as well as others have said, "street" racing is what it is, if this were on a drag strip obviously it is bullshit, if this were against a ferrari, obviously this would be bullshit, but it wasn't. It was against a car with 50 more HP, same TQ and if I'm not mistaken heavier...another point I will add is that I'm not a top fuel drag racing guru, nor would I ever compare to Jeff Gordon on the track, and I'm 99% sure the other guy in the 335 wasn't either, it was just a couple of guys with a heavy foot, I just don't get whats so improbable about there stories.

I think wee need to set up a show...called MKVbusters, to refute everyones BS on here

s2k vs gti should be the first episode haha

atombomb33

Ready to race!
stage I GTI can trap ~100mph. according to EVO X forums, you should trap about the same. considering you get a much nicer launch with AWD and better acceleration at the start of the 1/4 mile, you want to say that a stg I gti is a joke from a roll for your evo?

So, you're paper racing and have never done this race.

And, by the way, launch doesn't affect trap speed :thumbsup:

I've raced three different stage 1 GTIs (all APR). It's not even close from any roll. From a dig it's just really unfair since I know how to launch (can cut 1.7 60' with stock tires).

Stock Evo X >>> stage 1 GTI
Stock Evo X = stage 2 GTI (driver's race)
Stock Evo X < stage 2+ GTI (slight edge to the GTI here)
Stock Evo X < stock 335i (manual; auto will lose)

Last edited: