GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

Myfast_GTI

Super User
One of the best F1 races I've seen in a while... especially in the final 10 laps or so. Kubica came down on Vettle, he had no where to go... but in the same instance, Vettel's super-soft tires were pretty much done for. Vettel is definitely a driver to keep our eyes on.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
I'm a ferrari fan and can't change anything about that. Mad that they didnt get to finish the race. This race was pretty good, but can't say there hasn't been a good one in a while. The end of last season was pretty amazing. Also what are your guys opinions on these cars?? Honestly, i love the older ones better, looks wise and it just looked so technically advanced. These current cars have like no rear end grip.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Also what are your guys opinions on these cars?? Honestly, i love the older ones better, looks wise and it just looked so technically advanced. These current cars have like no rear end grip.

They're ugly. They had that quick interview with Alonso before the race talking about the new rules and new cars and he said pretty frankly "the cars are ugly." That pretty much sums it up. The rear wing looks silly and the front wing looks like a buffet table.

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
I do not believe that Vettel is getting spanked with a 10 spot starting grid penalty in the next race because of Kubica closing down on him. Last time I checked he was on the inside and already on the curb where was he to go? What was up with the first safety car period? If was something you'd see in a Nascar race...
The big wigs at Honda have to be pissed about the reace results and basically giving the team away for nothing. It makes me chuckle.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
The big wigs at Honda have to be pissed about the reace results and basically giving the team away for nothing. It makes me chuckle.

People keep saying this, but there is one thing to consider, if Honda was in the F1 race, then most likely they would be using their own engines and these Brawn racers would not be racing with Mercedes engines. I know the engines are pretty similar because of all the restrictions, but still do you think Honda would have done that well with their engines.

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
It's hard to say.... Force India did not impress with the Merc engine and Heikki wasn't doing well either before the retirement. It'll be interesting how things play out over the season. Hopefully it stays competitive.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
It's hard to say.... Force India did not impress with the Merc engine and Heikki wasn't doing well either before the retirement. It'll be interesting how things play out over the season. Hopefully it stays competitive.

i think it will be a good season. im wondering now what would have happened if hamilton didnt break 4th gear in qualifying and placed higher on the starting grid. i think brawn will give everyone a run for their money this season, especially have this huge moral booster for them.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Once the other teams catch up with the rear diffusers or they get dq'ed because of them it will bunch of the field a little more. Merc and Renault have admitted they're under developed. Still going to shape up to be a sick season even if I am still pissed Kimi had such a bad afternoon. If you want to win hire a Fin.

cone_killer

The incredible conelicker
God the new cars are hideous to look at. BUT it will sure make for a fairly interesting season. I like Button so it was cool to see him get a win.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Yeah I just saw that!

"Defending Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton was disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix on Thursday for giving misleading evidence to race stewards."

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
Not a Lewis fan, but him and the team should know that they are under the microscope at all times and it looks like this could have been avoided by telling the truth. Ouch!

That twilight race time must have been a killer to the drivers. I cannot imagine going that fast and have sun in your eyes the whole time. Ballsy.