GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost gauge install???

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Can a boost gauge be hooked up to this car? I know this motor has a diverter valve instead of a blow off so not sure if anything else is so differant on this car that one can not be installed. Also, where do you hook up the line with a mechanical boost gauge? I know it is a vacume line but which one do you tap into? I was looking at a Autometer Cobalt gauge.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Cool thanks.

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Dubdr said:
Any vacuum line coming off the Turbo should work just fine. I will look it up and get back to you.

I did some research thru A4 2.0TFSI web page, they take vacuum from here. The pic shows my 2.0TFSI (AXX) before mod.

The hose I have has 12mm inner diameter, so you need 12mm outer diameter T-joint to take vacuum. But its too short for adding T-joint in between.

Attachments

• 2.0T-boostguage-by-path-route.JPG
    2.0T-boostguage-by-path-route.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 37,091

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You could just get a longer hose to replace it right?

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Ahh, love those Defi gauges! So are the GTIs running 1 bar of boost standard?? Seems quite alot after coming from a Nissan and only running about 0.5 bar standard.

Looking at those pics make me want to go back to Japan!

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
sublyme said:
Ahh, love those Defi gauges! So are the GTIs running 1 bar of boost standard?? Seems quite alot after coming from a Nissan and only running about 0.5 bar standard.

1bar at the PEAK, it usually runs around 0.5-0.8bar. According to the dealer technical document, it says maximum boost is 0.8bar. Assume 1.0bar due to the over shooting when you shift gear, while stepping on the gas so hard. I set Defi warning alarm at 1.0bar, it rarely beeps, and when it beeps its only a short time.

sublyme said:
Looking at those pics make me want to go back to Japan!

When you visit japan, ill pick you up at the airport. :laugh:

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
are there any gauge clusters out yet? i have a boost gauge from my old and totaled supercharged focus and would install it if i could make it look like it cam with the car..

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
My buddy and I are thinking about just making one out of fiberglass for where the top vent is on the dash. If I do it i'll post pics.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
its funny that the boost and AF gauge in that setup are the same as what i have