GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new gti mkv owner

Psantana07

Passed Driver's Ed
What?
Let s star rear the forum ...

Hey congratulations on the gti! Lemme tell you that if you want more power on your car you can start by doing a chip to your ecu! It increases your hp and torque also you can install a CAI(cold air intake) those re the basics mods for our cars!

You can read this post so you can know more information about mods!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186778

Congrats!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
hello im looking to add mods to my new gti but im not sure what to add so any help would be nice, thanks. (i.e. exhaust or any engine mods)

Welcome to the forum and MKV ownership. There are a lot of options but the car is also fantastic as is.

What do you want out of the car?

Go faster?
Stop better?
Sound better?
A particular lowered look?
Better sound system?
Wheels?
Handle better?

This forum and this model have been around since 2006 in the US so there is a lot of information posted and ready for you to use. At the beginning of each section there are "Sticky" posting on just the subjects you are asking about. Just go to the section you are interested in to see a LOT of information on the subject posted by many many members.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
What do you use your car for? Do you want a daily driver, a show car, or a race car?

I'd recommend driving the car as it is for a couple months at least. Modifying a car is about making it your own and improving what you don't like about it. You can't do a good job of that without getting to know the car. Take a look at the build threads on the forums and think about what you want your car to be and see what other people have done that could get you there.

I also recommend taking it slow because you can't know how your plans will change as you learn more. My first mod was an exhaust. With all the torque these cars have low down they're quick on the road but they sound like vacuum cleaners. That led me down a very expensive road that eventually turned my car into a track car. When I bought my car I never intended for that. If I had thrown money at wheels and coilovers, or air bags, for the sake of fitting in before I went down that road all that money would have been wasted. I would have had to sell it at a huge loss to the buy track proven parts. It can go the other way too, show cars don't need three way adjustable coilovers and daily drivers don't need coilovers at all.

The Internet will always tell you two things, go low, and add power. Doesn't matter what you drive, those are the only two things that matter. Figure out if you actually want them, if you do that's fine, just make sure you're doing it because you want to, not because the internet wants you to.

Zach L

VR junkie
Most effective miss to add power are an ECU reflash aka "chip", then add a downpipe, and upgrade to Stage 2 reflash for a really small price. A catback exhaust will not add power, only noise

Single brightest things to make the car look better are lower it then get wheels.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Zach L

VR junkie
Most effective mods to add power are an ECU reflash aka "chip", then add a downpipe, and upgrade to Stage 2 reflash for a really small price. A catback exhaust will not add power, only noise

Single brightest things to make the car look better are lower it then get wheels.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk