GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car got a makeover :)

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
A few months ago, I was on the interstate in a nasty rain storm, and I was about 3 car lengths behind a landscaping truck/trailer. The trailer hit a bump and a rather large tree branch came out of the back of the trailer... there were cars beside me and behind me, so I couldn't swerve or slam on the brakes (also really wet and didn't wanna lose control). So, luckily I was aired up pretty high, and I went over the branch.

The damage sustained was as follows:

Ripped Skid plate in half
Destroyed my Shaved/molded front bumper (Tore the lip part off)
Tore out my fender liners
Broke a headlight tab
Grill got cracked

So I sent her to the body shop, but I did a few extra things since it was going to be under the knife.

Here are some progress pictures while it was in the shop:

Here's what i did:

New Bumper/Votex Lip, Shaved/Molded
Hood Notch Filled
Jetta Chrome Badgeless Grill
Votex Replica Sideskirts
Sanded/Painted rear bumper
Bacon Fenders straightened/pulled

The shop did accidentally throw away my center grill, so they ordered me a new one... just waiting for it to get here.

Also, I have to take it back on wednesday for the day b/c the stock side skirts had some adhesive from hell holding it on... they are having to rubber wheel it off slowly so it doesn't damage the paint... pain in the butt.

Here are some quick Iphone pics of it as she sits now:

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Love the front end. It's a lot like what I'm planning to do over the winter, I wasn't sure about whether I wanted to blend the Votex lip into the bumper but I think I will because this looks incredible.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Wow, looks amazing :smile:

I'd be so scared of scratching up the fenders though.