GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 GTI Info- Potential Owner

ksa

Hello guys, new here from Alberta. I’ve been contemplating adding a GTI to the collection as I’ve always wanted one and figured now is as good of a time as any. Basically I want a daily I don’t have to worry too much about. I’ve been doing a lot of highway driving and my main cars are getting way too many miles on them so want to pick up something on the side to rack up the miles on. Could go newer but boring car like a basic Focus or something but a GTI has always appealed to me.

I am checking out a 2007 GTI tomorrow that looks promising and I may end up picking up. Just would like to know if there’s anything I should know about these? Any gremlins or issues with them? It’s an Auto, would have liked a manual but that’s not a deal breaker for me. What should I be looking at when I check it out tomorrow? The guy mentioned that the left side headlight randomly shuts off and that it’s a common issue on these, is that right? Is that a cheap/easy fix?

Hopefully I’ll have this and will be able to join you guys properly. For mods I like the dual exhaust look or even the quad so that’s something I’d like to look into right away. So will be asking for where to go to pick up the diffuser that’ll fit the dual or quad exhaust and of course somewhere I can pick up an exhaust from too.

Cheers guys, thanks for the help in advance.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Depending on mileage, find out when the following has been done:
- timing belt and water pump replaced
- cam follower inspected/changed
- DSG service done