GOLFMKV

race chip

exaurcism_666

guys.. what about adding a race chip stage 2 to my mkv gti

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Where does it connects to? I wonder what are the parameters it changes and what power will you do with it. A tune would be a better choice though because using a chip is a "dirty" way to get more power as you alters the ECU signals, the result is not as optimal as what you would get with a tune.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
That is not a "stage 2 chip". That type of module is a piggyback style that intercepts signals usually from the MAP and fuel system to lie to the ECM and allow more boost. It will not make nearly as much power as a software upgrade meant for whatever particular modifications you have

vwengineer

Ready to race!
RaceChip is fairly established company in Germany since about 10 years. I think their chips are "safe" to use and I know personally one person who uses one (was already installed in its car when he bought it). That being said, I don't think you will get the same gains that you would get with a proper even stage 1 tune.

exaurcism_666

RaceChip is fairly established company in Germany since about 10 years. I think their chips are "safe" to use and I know personally one person who uses one (was already installed in its car when he bought it). That being said, I don't think you will get the same gains that you would get with a proper even stage 1 tune.
the person u know uses the chip on a golf 5 or 6?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

vwengineer

Ready to race!
No, on a Mercedes GLK (diesel), he has driven the car for almost 30k miles with this chip and the previous owner also probably drove a long time with it (the car has about 100k miles I think).

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
These piggybacks are common now among many manufacturers. More on the TSI platform and up. Neuspeed power module etc.

Quick way to get some horsepower but not gonna get as much as a full ECU tune. Benefit of these though is resell for those looking to yank down the line where most tunes are tied to the ECU/VIN