GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions

Old 06-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #23
gti2slow
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2008 GTI UG 6MT
Fix what you know is leaking, blast it with degreaser and have a look at it after a few days.
gti2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #24
woodlumn
Ready to race!

Drives: '07 GTI
I took the engine cover off and disconnected the hose from the PCV valve to the intake. There was some oil in this hose. I blew into it and with some effort was able to pass air through (wasn't easy, but it did pass).

Does this mean bad PCV? Would that contribute significantly to oil consumption?

Also, what is the best way to clean out an oil electrical D connector? My DV electrical connector is full of oil...
woodlumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #25
gti2slow
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2008 GTI UG 6MT
Remove the battery and clean it like everything else. Hit it with contact cleaner to get rid of residue and toss some dielectric grease to seal it up.
gti2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #26
woodlumn
Ready to race!

Drives: '07 GTI
Update

I replaced the PCV and gasket, and replaced the DV with the upgraded design. Took my time and the whole job took less than an hour.

I'm 400 miles in and have had no oil loss and no more oil droplets on the subframe. This is excellent news. I will post back after I hit 700 miles, which is the distance that was costing me about a quart of oil.

I'll add that the DV came apart in my hands as I removed it and displayed the classic torn boot.
woodlumn is offline   Reply With Quote