GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm BAAAAAAAACK

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Has anyone here gotten a DSG tune? Is it worth it?

United Motorsport tune on the mk5 - changes rev limits, shift points in all modes, makes it a little more akin to how most people like us would drive it. Shows what gear you're in and adds some variability to launch control limits. Bought as a package with haldex and ecu so it was worth it in my eyes.

APR tune on the Mk6 - similar comments. Probably would not have bought it if I hadn't been in the beta testing group and got it for free. Does absolutely add drive ability and irons out quirks of the dsg which seem programmed for general audiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone here gotten a DSG tune? Is it worth it?

Congrats on the purchase :)

Initially I did the APR tune, I was happy with it until I had the USP Motorsports Test pipe installed and the check engine light would light up every time the car was cruising because of the O2 sensors readings.

I then switched to the UM triple tune and just like clownish was mentioning you get a lot more out of it, no more issues with the check engine light and the DSG performance was probably what improved the most in my view. Apparently their ECU tune also adapts for example to CAMS, I just had these installed a few weeks ago and the car is performing well. If you plan to add some bolt ons and for now go the NA route like me, definately evaluate UM. They also offers a spark cut option that to be honest I wish I would have got it at the same time as the other tunes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rollineuro

Go Kart Champion
My airlift performance struts are here with e-level and that's going in this week along with a Borla catback. :thumbsup: