GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAF based W/M kits

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
This is what my mechanic said to me when I told him that I wanted to do water meth.

Do your research? Think youll need to rebuild your block.

Youll at the least wanna put new piston rings in and larger injectors... may need a safms not sure about tge safms but watermeth is normally used on built motors. Not recommended for stock

Maybe even valve guide seals. And springs... meth injection on average is an extra 30%power..

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
This is what my mechanic said to me when I told him that I wanted to do water meth.

Youll at the least wanna put new piston rings in and larger injectors... may need a safms not sure about tge safms but watermeth is normally used on built motors. Not recommended for stock

Maybe even valve guide seals. And springs... meth injection on average is an extra 30%power..

Do not go back to that mechanic.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
This right here.
https://www.vividracing.com/catalog...so7yOQ27RexVWeHePF8LLmoWSKCpEiQBr4aAjs08P8HAQ
Does it go in that spot where I removed the noise pipe?
Two completely different pipes. The one you linked just now is the throttle body pipe which connects your intercooler hose to your throttle body. That's the correct location for a meth bung. The other pipe you pictured earlier is the air intake pipe.

Yikes. Find a new mechanic that knows more about performance things.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well then, I guess I'll be looking to get a charge pipe soon so I can start running water meth. I hope to get a few extra horse from it.

Adding water/meth as the only change may or may not result in much of an increase in power. Water/meth is a power enabler, to make more power beyond your current tune (assuming it is running to its full extent) you need a new more aggressive tune.

However, there are times when water meth will help your current tune reach its full extent when it is not doing so. Those times would be when the weather turns hot and the ECU begins to pull timing. Water meth can provide the cooling and anti-knock necessary to reduce or eliminate any retardardation, which keeps your power up.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Two completely different pipes. The one you linked just now is the throttle body pipe which connects your intercooler hose to your throttle body. That's the correct location for a meth bung. The other pipe you pictured earlier is the air intake pipe.

Yeah in know it's the air intake pipe. I was just wondering if I could run water meth thru the intake pipe. I'm going to the stage 2 APR file soon, I was hoping water meth would help me get a little extra power.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
No idea where to buy 100 octane gas.

By adding water/meth to your system you can run a 100 octane tune without having to use 100oct race fuel. Been running my K04 equipped car that way for last 3 years.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Oh that's pretty sweet. How is the water/meth introduced into the system? Wired up to a toggle switch? Wired to spray at wide open throttle?

langer

i fix teefs

Yeah in know it's the air intake pipe. I was just wondering if I could run water meth thru the intake pipe. I'm going to the stage 2 APR file soon, I was hoping water meth would help me get a little extra power.

Seems silly to add cooling pre-turbo where the air is going to re-heat anyways. Counter productive.