GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200k miles...

Sgt.Gunny

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got 220k kilometers on my one. The only real problem it has given me that has had it off the road is because I hit a kangaroo. Not the cars fault. I'm still surprised as to how well it runs and the refinement of the cabin after running on these rough Aussie roads. Good engineering

Sent from my ZTE T230 using Tapatalk

larcic

Ready to race!
thats only 136k miles though. I'd like to see some 200k miles plus tuned gti's on this most. I'm only at 100k so that'll give me a sigh of relief. I want to keep this car for a long time.

sacman

Ready to race!
I'm at 146k miles and i'm about to dump another $2K (dv, pcv, cam follower, hpfp, intake camshaft) into it with hope that it would last another 50K at least.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
There's plenty of them out there. There was a thread like this a while back that had multiple people over 200k miles. They were on their 2nd or 3rd timing belt and water pump and nothing out of the ordinary as far as repairs or issues. The FSI is definitely a stronger motor in terms of longevity and issues than the Gen 1 TSI and all of the 200k+ GTI's I've seen have been FSI. I'm sure there are plenty TSI out there though, just haven't seen em personally.

Farenheit179

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol. Had that issue a while back. Thankfully under warranty. There are some DIYs for that LCD repair.

Yeah I have been studying them like I'm taking a drug test or something. But I have bad luck with taking clusters out of cars, so I may just look for a replacement when I get some extra monnies. OP sorry to jack the thread a little.

:attention_whore:

langer

i fix teefs
Yeah I have been studying them like I'm taking a drug test or something. But I have bad luck with taking clusters out of cars, so I may just look for a replacement when I get some extra monnies. OP sorry to jack the thread a little.

:attention_whore:
Off topic again. I had a guy swap my cluster info. He sourced the used one and I sent him old cluster and keys. Plug and play. If you need his name, I'll find it.