GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding Supercharger to our 2.0T MKV!

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha as much as I want to be negative about this, I love twin-charging just too much. It's gonna take a lot of custom fabrication to mount the supercharger but I am in for updates.

P.S. AWD swap first :)

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
just go big turbo and save yourself a headache
if you do AWD it would be less pain and straightforward

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I will go for AWD swap but not now as I just spent a lot with LSD, Sway bars, Exhaust and all this will be replaced if I go for AWD. I am looking for the supercharger because it's different feeling and performance than the twin turbo. Also, I will have lag with big turbo which something I don't like at all!

-------
Philosophy Of Eagles: Eagles flies only with eagles!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I am thinking of adding a Supercharger kit to my setup. I know that I can upgrade the turbo and do another few things but I want to do something not done here before (in my country).

All thoughts are most welcome and sure if anyone did it before is more than welcome...

Let's do something more crazy here :wink:

For "crazy" add a proper nitrous system to gen power under the curve and get rid of turbo lag of a larger turbo and then just enjoy the rush. It would be the easiest path for huge power gains for you with a very responsive system. You can get a big turbo to spool very quickly and use the nitrous system to increase power on the low end for you instantly.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
For "crazy" add a proper nitrous system to gen power under the curve and get rid of turbo lag of a larger turbo and then just enjoy the rush. It would be the easiest path for huge power gains for you with a very responsive system. You can get a big turbo to spool very quickly and use the nitrous system to increase power on the low end for you instantly.

I didn't read any successful story about nitros on MKV .. I will start read more about it, who knows! [emoji23]

-------

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
2.5T swap

I completed my engine modification few miles ago and I want enjoy it at least for more few miles, the TTRS 2.5T is my wish for next project in scirocco car with AWD and EFR turbo.

I am targeting 600whp or 650whp at least in next project!

-------

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I completed my engine modification few miles ago and I want enjoy it at least for more few miles, the TTRS 2.5T is my wish for next project in scirocco car with AWD and EFR turbo.

I am targeting 600whp or 650whp at least in next project!

-------

Sounds like fun [emoji106]?

Jet08

Ready to race!
It will be a bitch to tune with a twin charge system and let us not get started on trying to cool things so I hope you like a challenge :)

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
In for the Nitrous suggestion too. AWD + BT + Built Motor + Nitrous = sexy

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
It will be a bitch to tune with a twin charge system and let us not get started on trying to cool things so I hope you like a challenge :)

Yeah, the idea appears when I saw how BMW M become crazy with supercharger, so I decided to go more crazy and fight that concept :fighting0030:

In for the Nitrous suggestion too. AWD + BT + Built Motor + Nitrous = sexy

Built Motor (done) + medium turbo (GTX2867R) + AWD (looking for R20 kit) + Nitrous (don't know about and need to study) :wink:

ehh, iirc there are euro Audi engines that are stock twin charged. I know of one guy with a civic that is twin charged and 300whp almost the entire rev range. he does track racing with it.
you could try a sequential twin turbo setup?? have a small one spool a big one

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
n2o + gt30/gt35 would be a riot. Spray low and get that turbo spooled fast, nice flat torque everywhere. All the fun of a big turbo but without the wait for it to spool.

Would need a progressive controller, dunno if it could be run off a BM+.