GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Luk clutch kits?

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have experience or knowledge on the Luk clutch kits? All I kind find is that they are German made.

I ordered on Amazon for $200, ECS sells it for $340 and I've seen it go for up to $500 on other sites.

My clutch just went at 130K miles and at a time where I'm low on money. The car is stage 2+ and this is a direct OEM equivalent replacement. I'd rather upgrade but that's an extra $1000.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Car(s)
Subaru
how much does it end up being?

need a new flywheel and TOB too i would assume right?

youll need a dmf and new flywheel bolts. fsi needs 6.

but i think i payed like $650 or something like that. the michail77 has a lot of miles on his car and id recommend swapping that tob even if youre trying to save money.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
The kit comes with the bearings. I found a DIY on the same kit. Looks like I get it for $100 less than he did.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139389

I'd like to upgrade to higher performance but it just isn't financially feasible today and the clutch is shot.

I needed to bleed the brakes and clutch anyway.
Well the sachs kit is definitely higher performance than the oem Luk.

Andrew I know wouldn't be using it if it didn't hold at least 350 tq
youll need a dmf and new flywheel bolts. fsi needs 6.

but i think i payed like $650 or something like that. the michail77 has a lot of miles on his car and id recommend swapping that tob even if youre trying to save money.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Is there anything else I should look for while the job is being done?

I talked to the mechanic and he seemed like a rather meticulous type that takes some pride in his work. I'm picky about who I let work on the car and got lucky with it being stranded next to a good shop.

Car(s)
Subaru
Andrew I know wouldn't be using it if it didn't hold at least 350 tq

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

well they say 550nm... so 405cftlbs. just guessing high at 15% drive loss, that brings right at 350wftlbs

so im guessing it will be good. i think the fx350 is rated for the same but you have to use a stupid smf. when i was having wga issues and holding 28psi, the fx350 held that.

i am now on my last bit and starting to get a light vibration when i release the clutch pedal. it takes about 95% pedal before my clutch starts to engage and slips at any amount of boost.

id give the fx350 a 3/10 rating for a daily driver. wouldnt buy again

Last edited:
well they say 550nm... so 405cftlbs. just guessing high at 15% drive loss, that brings right at 350wftlbs

so im guessing it will be good. i think the fx350 is rated for the same but you have to use a stupid smf. when i was having wga issues and holding 28psi, the fx350 held that.

i am now on my last bit and starting to get a light vibration when i release the clutch pedal. it takes about 95% pedal before my clutch starts to engage and slips at any amount of boost.

id give the fx350 a 3/10 rating for a daily driver. wouldnt buy again

You guys do know I offer a clutch kit for the FSI flywheel that uses a modified self adjusting FSI pressure plate that has 2300 lbs of clamping load? I even offer it in a stage 3 rated at 485 ft lbs and a stage 4 rated at 620 ft lbs. Both have a smoother engagement then the FX350 and will last longer. My stage 1 kit holds more power then a TTRS pressure plate setup, uses the stock FSI organic disk with about 50% more clamping load from the modified pressure plate.

Been sell that kit for the FSI and TSI for some time now, have plenty of TSI owners running it.

High hold clutch which can be used with the stock FSI dual mass flywheel.

I even offer a coupon forum discount and am even willing to do Group Buys.

You guys do know I offer a clutch kit for the FSI flywheel that uses a modified self adjusting FSI pressure plate that has 2300 lbs of clamping load? I even offer it in a stage 3 rated at 485 ft lbs and a stage 4 rated at 620 ft lbs. Both have a smoother engagement then the FX350 and will last longer. My stage 1 kit holds more power then a TTRS pressure plate setup, uses the stock FSI organic disk with about 50% more clamping load from the modified pressure plate.

Been sell that kit for the FSI and TSI for some time now, have plenty of TSI owners running it.

this seems like a good option for those like me that, when the time comes, would like to upgrade. but don't need/want to swap flywheels and have drivability issues.

one question tho, is there anyway to just get the pressure plate? already have a friction disc i got for close to free

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI

309ftlbs at the flywheel -I'm at 325 at the wheels so I'd have to go with the Stg 3? Still works well with the OEM DMF?

I'm interested to see what Red5 thinks of the SRE. At ~$600 it's significantly less than $845 for the Ringer Stg 3.

309ftlbs at the flywheel -I'm at 325 at the wheels so I'd have to go with the Stg 3? Still works well with the OEM DMF?

I'm interested to see what Red5 thinks of the SRE. At ~$600 it's significantly less than $845 for the Ringer Stg 3.

Works perfectly with the OEM dual mass flywheel since that is what we designed it for. I give my clutch kits a low tq rating then they can actually handle, about 45-50% more torque then the OEM stock FSI clutch kit.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So you're saying the stg 1 would be perfectly fine for me with 325ftlbs at the wheels?

So you're saying the stg 1 would be perfectly fine for me with 325ftlbs at the wheels?

I guess it just depends on how the car is used. Are you trying to stick with a OEM style organic disk? If you want to give it a try let me know.

I talked to Clutch Masters, they said that if the car is just a daily driver then my stage 1 should work just fine. If you like to beat on the car then my stage 3 would be a better option which does have a metal backed organic material on 1 side.

Last edited: