• IMG_1588s.jpg
    IMG_1588s.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
tip #3: Do NOT rip these sensor wires out...

Attachments

• IMG_1522s.jpg
    IMG_1522s.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 505

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
tip #4: Don't forget to clean and put those dividers back in! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1540s.jpg
    IMG_1540s.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 548

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
80,000+ miles.... I had to scrape with screw-drivers and picks, soak with carburetor cleaner (B-12 Chemtool), scrub with wire brushes, and walnut shell blast to get it all cleaned up nice...

Attachments

• valves-small.jpg
    valves-small.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:

grendelson

Car(s)
Jetta
There is nothing hard about taking the manifold off once you have the proper tools to remove the manifold bracket bolt.
That thing drove me to tears( of anger :cry:) both in removing and reinstalling - I finally had to pop the Alternator to give me hand and tool room and to just SEE the bolt - For me I'll do it from the start - just more working room.

By removing it I also won't have to remove the throttle motor like I did this time.
:help:
I ended up needing some advice and helpful suggestions from Zach - thanks!
:drinking:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
tip #1: cardboard screw organizer for each step... i can sell you mine.
BRILLIANT idea! Im going to start doing this

tip #4: Don't forget to clean and put those dividers back in! :biggrin:
Yeah, Ive done that twice.... lol

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
^^^^^

Thanks, I've also forgotten to reinstall the dividers... I think the whole neighborhood heard me curse the moment I realized I had to pull the manifold AGAIN...:mad0259:

I can laugh now....:lol:

Last edited:

Jet08

Ready to race!
Always quicker the second time, not for the value cleaning but for the timing belt :)

I did not need to remove the throttle body to get to the manifold support bitch bolt but it is very hard to see took me 15 minutes just to find it now I could do with my eyes closed.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I skipped reinstalling the manifold support bracket, muuuuuuuuuuch easier to remove now
Weight Savings, because racecar :biggrin:

Gabrius

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
RS Jetta
I skipped reinstalling the manifold support bracket, muuuuuuuuuuch easier to remove now
Weight Savings, because racecar :biggrin:

Any issues with doing this?

I have tried to find that Triple Square T10 and the bracket and I can't even see it. So once I remove it, not putting it back in would be awesome.

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI

I have tried to find that Triple Square T10 and the bracket and I can't even see it. So once I remove it, not putting it back in would be awesome.

Look at my tip#3 picture, the bracket is between the 2 arrows, follow that bracket down and the triple square bolt is at the low end of the bracket and goes straight into the engine. Also look at the last* crafty tool picture in my tip#2 with the yellow tape, that's what I had to do in order to get it broken loose, then I just unscrewed by hand after that...

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

You wont be able to see the bracket without removing the TB pipe and TB.
The bracket is under the manifold and behind he TB, dead center.

I have full motor mounts so my engine doesnt flop around the engine bay, so no issues here.

Jet08

Ready to race!
The bitch bolt is located ... if you draw a straight line through the two hoses that are directly above the oil filter holder about an inch and a half up. I had to put the ratchet extension between the 2 hoses to get it.