GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Glad you're happy with your car. Seems like a very comprehensive and balanced build. I've always enjoyed your thoughtful and detailed posts. Keep up the good work, and I hope you stick around a long time on this forum.

DerSock

Ready to race!
If you havent bought the CTS intake already I'd stay away from it. If its anything like the BSH intake the fitment is crap and it will move all over your engine bay and grind against everything.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Not really, it has been just a lot of fun figuring things out. If you mean the expense, not really, it is the price of a hobby and I have tried to just do them over 5 years and just set aside an amount I could afford each month to do my hobby stuff.

In the end you could have probably got an Audi S something or other. But the process is fun.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
How did the RCD-510 conversion go?

I see good prices on can buses and tempting head unit sales from China but they make me nervous. I'd like to keep Sirius and North American FM. Well, FM radio sucks so much now I'd probably not miss that.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
In the end you could have probably got an Audi S something or other. But the process is fun.

Exactly, its about the process. My last car was a 2004 GTO. I got a huge head start on it. Vortech superchargers used it for prototype and at no cost I got the blower, custom exhaust, iForged wheels and a full set of Wilwood brakes. Took the motor much further with various mods and tuning to 600 whp and a ton of suspension mods. Car was awesome. I have done this with about a dozen cars and for some reason this one is the most fun to drive and unlike all of the others I am going to keep this one, even when I start on the next. I like that it looks rather mundane and sort of a commuter car but is really a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Modding a car isn't "cost effective" but neither is getting bored of a stock car and trading them in frequently. The GTI has such massive aftermarket support and seemingly limitless potential that there's always something that can be done to make it fresh and exciting again. My 2008 is one of the only cars I've owned that I've kept for more than three years and the more money and development I have into it, the more invested I am in keeping it for a long time to come. That is, until I can afford a used MK6 Golf R to transfer my mods over to :)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Modding a car isn't "cost effective" but neither is getting bored of a stock car and trading them in frequently. The GTI has such massive aftermarket support and seemingly limitless potential that there's always something that can be done to make it fresh and exciting again. My 2008 is one of the only cars I've owned that I've kept for more than three years and the more money and development I have into it, the more invested I am in keeping it for a long time to come. That is, until I can afford a used MK6 Golf R to transfer my mods over to :)

I feel the exact same way. Can't wait to get my hands on a slightly used mk6 R and use all my fsi parts on it, hehe

Tapatalkin

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

Exactly, its about the process. My last car was a 2004 GTO. I got a huge head start on it. Vortech superchargers used it for prototype and at no cost I got the blower, custom exhaust, iForged wheels and a full set of Wilwood brakes. Took the motor much further with various mods and tuning to 600 whp and a ton of suspension mods. Car was awesome. I have done this with about a dozen cars and for some reason this one (the GTI) is the most fun to drive and unlike all of the others I am going to keep this one, even when I start on the next. I like that it looks rather mundane and sort of a commuter car but is really a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I feel the exact same way. Can't wait to get my hands on a slightly used mk6 R and use all my fsi parts on it, hehe

Tapatalkin

Lol. Great minds think alike. At least I'll have an e-friend when I make the move to golfmk6.com, haha

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
1ST MOD FOR 2014 IS HERE

The first mod of 2014 is going in shortly. Happy New Year

I ended 2013 with 305/302 to the wheels and need to get that to a more acceptable number like 330+.

This is one of 3 changes I am making. I think the 600 cell cat and the S3 IC are restricting flow and I can get better results from the water meth with a dual nozzle setup and I need to log/adjust water meth (never done).
Going from S3 to APR intercooler
Going from single nozzle to dual nozzle water meth.

Moving from this - 600 cell cat

To this - 200 cell cat