GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Members Area > Off-topic / Misc.
Parts4Euro

Old 09-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
dpham00
Modérateur Emeritus

Drives: 00 Passat 2.0T;07 GTI 2.0T FSI
***READ: NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS***

We do not allow political discussions on GolfMKV. Do not start any politics threads, or post politics related material. If you see politics threads or posts popping up, please use the "Report Post to Mod" button. Unfortunately, political threads here seem to spiral down a deep abyss. If you wish to discuss politics, then there are plenty of other forums out there for you to do so.

10/27/08 EDIT: Upon further discussion, we wanted to add that the "NO POLITICS" rule applies to signatures, avatars, title, drives, etc. Basically, we don't want any mention of politics.
dpham00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Bad hare
Ex-mkv owner

Drives: 08 B7 / 11 lib /
you should make this a sticky until the elections are over.

Bad hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
SRTthis
NJ 2 FL

Drives: 2010 370Z
erased

Last edited by SRTthis; 05-04-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: forgot i posted this so long ago... feel like a dick 3 years later lol
SRTthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
dpham00
Modérateur Emeritus

Drives: 00 Passat 2.0T;07 GTI 2.0T FSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTthis View Post
know whats funny. ill post it when i get home. on the thread that was closed this morning about politcal threads i screen shotted the desktop and thread because on the bottom was an add for a video involving the truth of Obama and Mccain. remind me to post it up later
GolfMKV uses Google ads which have adsense. The ad you're referring to comes from there.
dpham00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
SRTthis
NJ 2 FL

Drives: 2010 370Z
more erased

Last edited by SRTthis; 05-04-2011 at 03:58 PM.
SRTthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
KingOfJericho
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 135i ZMP
Send a message via AIM to KingOfJericho
I think it's a great idea. I've been on other forums where I end up loathing certain members because cool people seem to become complete assholes when politics come into the conversation. The only thing I can't stand is when a very constructive and interesting thread gets shut down because someone just can't have a conversation without bringing up politics.
KingOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
Meat
rack rack 'em

Drives: '07 GTI (SOLD)
Send a message via AIM to Meat
Thank you. I come to GolfMKV to discuss cars, not politics.

YouTube
Flickr
ERAU
Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
Anthem40
Day and Night

Drives: 08 GTI
This explains why the off topic forum is full of stupid games and post whores.

Good call on preventing any real discussion from happening.
Anthem40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Eric1285
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '09 CW 2 Door GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem40 View Post
This explains why the off topic forum is full of stupid games and post whores.

Good call on preventing any real discussion from happening.
Seriously...I ventured into the off topic forum for a change. There are enough idiots on the general forum. I was happy to see real conversations taking place here, and of course as soon as I find it we're banned from discussing anything of value. Good job.
Eric1285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
Khobin~
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 07 GTI
perhaps the mods are following the "Bush Doctrine"...

You know, strike before anything happens...

Seriously though, it's an OFF-TOPIC section... politics is an "off-topic" from cars. If people are worried about having their feelings stepped on, they don't click on the thread to read it, or can read but don't have to post in it.

There have been lots of threads on here, not politics related, that have gone far overboard (some might say the PETA thread ). Perhaps if you want to prevent heated threads before they get started you just remove the entire off-topic section.

I don't join a politcal forum because I'm here to discuss cars, and at the same time I enjoy discussing other topics. Therefore the Off-topic section is the easiest, best place for me to so on a causal basis.

EDIT: perhaps the best course of action would be to for the mods to put a vote/poll to see if the members want these threads or not.
Khobin~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #11
MkVBlkMgc
Wir wollen lebensraum!

Drives: '08 GTI 2Dr. DSG Blk Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post

Dude, you could be Vice President with that kind of knowledge.
MkVBlkMgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
Eric1285
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post

Seriously though, it's an OFF-TOPIC section... politics is an "off-topic" from cars. If people are worried about having their feelings stepped on, they don't click on the thread to read it, or can read but don't have to post in it.

There have been lots of threads on here, not politics related, that have gone far overboard (some might say the PETA thread ). Perhaps if you want to prevent heated threads before they get started you just remove the entire off-topic section.

I don't join a politcal forum because I'm here to discuss cars, and at the same time I enjoy discussing other topics. Therefore the Off-topic section is the easiest, best place for me to so on a causal basis.
Yeah, it's a very typical response though. I'm willing to bet that 90% of the current generation of youth don't discuss politics because "it's just too messy" or whatever. Yet, they fail to realize that it is our civic duty as citizens of this country to care about what goes on. Not being able to, or being discouraged from discussing important issues is only further pushing us down the wrong path.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
KingOfJericho
Formula 5000 Champion

The thing about politics is that you can't EVER change anyone's mind. It gets really heated really quickly and people start to hate each other. There's a great deal of arrogance in political discussions and it brings out the worst in people. Nothing good EVER comes of it and it's the only subject that people get really enraged and emotional over. I am very much in favor of this banning of political discussion.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #14
Eric1285
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
The thing about politics is that you can't EVER change anyone's mind. It gets really heated really quickly and people start to hate each other. There's a great deal of arrogance in political discussions and it brings out the worst in people. Nothing good EVER comes of it and it's the only subject that people get really enraged and emotional over. I am very much in favor of this banning of political discussion.
The only people who aren't willing to listen to a well thought out argument are idiots who are mired in their own stubbornness. I happen to be a mild conservative, and one of my best friends is a raging liberal. Over the course of our friendship, he's changed my views on certain topics.

I have to believe that not everyone here is an idiot. There were good arguments made in both the bailout thread and the thread about people selling their almost new cars. The people who actually take the time to write out a decent argument typically are ones who will respond when someone presents them with a clear set of statements with facts to back them up.

I see this ban as kind of insult to our ability to have a serious discussion.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #15
Sterling
Steel Tip

Drives: S3
Send a message via AIM to Sterling
Quote:
truth.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #16
Sterling
Steel Tip

Drives: S3
Send a message via AIM to Sterling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
The only people who aren't willing to listen to a well thought out argument are idiots who are mired in their own stubbornness. I happen to be a mild conservative, and one of my best friends is a raging liberal. Over the course of our friendship, he's changed my views on certain topics.

I have to believe that not everyone here is an idiot. There were good arguments made in both the bailout thread and the thread about people selling their almost new cars. The people who actually take the time to write out a decent argument typically are ones who will respond when someone presents them with a clear set of statements with facts to back them up.

I see this ban as kind of insult to our ability to have a serious discussion.
unfortunately there's not too many people who can have serious discussions on message boards, and there's always someone there to ruin it for the one's who can. there's to many people who like to cause controversy or troll imo. oh well. i think this decision is for the better.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #17
mkvtg37
women = cunts

Drives: 2006 Audi A3 3.2L Quattro
what about naked girl threads???

best t-shirt website of the internets:

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/link...d=bWt2dGczNw==
mkvtg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #18
MKvUltra
I'm chasing perfection

Drives: Low 'n Slow
Thank you Dan... I'm tired of hearing everyone's political agenda
Old 09-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #19
MkVBlkMgc
Wir wollen lebensraum!

Drives: '08 GTI 2Dr. DSG Blk Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvtg37 View Post
The Code of Conduct is as follows:

1. Trolling, flaming, and bashing are not acceptable at golfmkv.com. Trolling includes, but is not limited to posting controversial messages with the intention of baiting other users into an argumentative response. Flaming includes, but is not limited to insulting and hostile interaction between users. Bashing, likewise, is also not permitted. All communications are to remain on a respectful and mature level. Do not retaliate to an inappropriate post with another inappropriate post. Instead use the "Report post to moderator" button, or simply PM your moderators if such an instance should arise.

2. No tolerance is given for racist and derogatory remarks.

3. Respect your moderators. The moderators are volunteers and avid Volkswagen fans who graciously donate their time to golfmkv.com. This online community would not be possible without their assistance.

4. Accessing or attempting to access another members account is prohibited. Purposeful invasion of a forum members privacy is also prohibited.

5. Members are to have only one username. Creating an additional username after expulsion from the site will result in blocking the user's IP address.

6. Nudity of any type is not permitted within the forums. This includes the Off-Topic forums. Threads with adult content are to be posted in the "OFF-TOPIC" forum and must contain "NWS" in the thread title as a courtesy to other members . Forums outside of the Off-Topic forums are to maintain a G Rating.

7. All posts are to be related to the topic of the thread they are discussed within. Post that are off-topic of the original post are subject to being deleted.

8. Signatures must be of appropriate length. Signature photos and graphics must also be kept minimal in size. Please click here for more details.

9. Spamming is not allowed. Advertisements are not allowed without the explicit permission of the administration. Please click here for more details on becomming a golfmkv.com sponsor.

10. Illegal use of copyrighted or trademarked material is not permitted. This includes linking and/or discussions related to obtaining illegal distributions.

11. In addition to the aforementioned rules, questionable or undesirable content deemed inappropriate by the administration or the moderators will be subject to review on a case-by-case basis.

How soon they forget...
MkVBlkMgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #20
MKvUltra
I'm chasing perfection

Drives: Low 'n Slow
your obviously gay then no one will report nudity because we all like naked chicks... Hmmmmm.....
Old 09-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #21
KingOfJericho
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvtg37 View Post
ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now you're going to unravel the fabric of my happiness...
Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #22
Remus6
ViVa La Fuga!WLF

Drives: Yamaha YZF R6S SE
Quote:
I think it's a great idea. I've been on other forums where I end up loathing certain members because cool people seem to become complete assholes when politics come into the conversation. The only thing I can't stand is when a very constructive and interesting thread gets shut down because someone just can't have a conversation without bringing up politics.
This is why my friends and I have a standing unspoken rule amongst ourselves:

"If you like someone, do not dicuss religion and politics."

I think it works great.
Remus6 is offline   Reply With Quote