GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY PTC (Auxiliary) Heater Install

davids1985

where to connect 3rd wire red/white?

Hi Everyone

I have bought auxiliary heater with connector. Connector have 3 wires. 2 wires I know where to connect, but where to connect 3rd wire red/white? thank you for help.:smile:

Attachments

• phpMVco0sAM.jpg
    phpMVco0sAM.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,857
  • phpmq4uRoAM.jpg
    phpmq4uRoAM.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,790

Tongate

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but I'd like to point out:

- If you have a RHD car (ie. UK, Australia) then the install takes place on the passenger side. You have to take out the bathmate hydromax promo code (easy) but there is a lot of other crap in the way that you have to move to get access to the slot that the PTC element slides in. The main problem is the plastic support beam that the glovebox mounts to: it blocks the slot.

I did this install on my MY07 MKV Jetta on the weekend and it took me 6 hours and much swearing.

I have found these TDI Aux heater cores on amazon but none of them with the same part number. I can not determine if these are newer types of the identical part or if they are totally incompatible.

scodinzolo

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. I have an Skoda Octavia 1Z from 2006.

Today I suceed to install aux heater after the third attepmt - two PTC element defected.

All works fine but I have an error on the central electronics.

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 3C0-937-049-23-H.lbl
1 Fault Found:

01207 - Control Module for Auxiliary Heater (J364)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 117
Mileage: 193083 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
ON
Voltage: 13.70 V
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF

Is this error caused because my cangateway is updated to support the Columbus (RNS510) to avoid battery drain issue and somehow it shoud have been installed a newer version of PTC instead D version instead E?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Cadbury

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MKV
So 8(ish) year update. Heater worked well until this winter. Sitting at a light, I noticed that the fuel economy number didn't look like the heater was running, and the vent was blowing cold. Plugged in the VAG-COM, and it showed the defective error.

I remembered seeing a post on a different forum about some cold solder joints inside the heater. I figured there was a 0% chance that this would fix it, but I tried the fix anyways. While soldering the 3rd resistor, it essentially fell out.

Re-solder these 5 parts:

-Cad

Cadbury

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Normally 0.7-1 liters per hour when the heater is off. 1-1.5 when its outputting 700 or so watts. If you rev the engine to about 2k (about 2-2.5 liters per hour), you'll get about 1000 watts.

-Cad

rakin

Car(s)
Vw golf 5
Sorry for resurecting a thread, Today fixed a Z34 defective error, resholdering a resistors no more error on VCDS, Auxilary heating working when temp is setting to HI with econ button off, but not working when temperature is set on 26-27-28-29c , what is outdoor temperature needing to get AUX heating turn on himself?

Tharkhold

Car(s)
2008 Mk5.2
Sorry for resurecting a thread, Today fixed a Z34 defective error, resholdering a resistors no more error on VCDS, Auxilary heating working when temp is setting to HI with econ button off, but not working when temperature is set on 26-27-28-29c , what is outdoor temperature needing to get AUX heating turn on himself?

^ I beleive the PTC will only turn on when you set the heat to MAX/HI...

Solus

Car(s)
Passat CC 2.0 TDi
Not to resurrect an old thread but this is the closest thing I found so far on a detailed insight on this Aux heater.

Hopefully someone on here can help me out. I have a VW Passat CC. I get the error P302D00, high heat output relay short to ground.

After much digging around here is where I am at: 100% it is the Aux Electric Heater (1K0963235f in my case) that is generating the code. The car is clear of faults until this heater is called upon ( under 5°C ambient temperature, blower temp set to ANY temp above LO or Zero)

When I set the temp to anything above LO (0) I can hear a faint but noticable short squeal and car revs hold at 1000rpm. If I reset the error code I can replicate this every time UNTIL the car oil is up to a temp where the usual heater matrix can supply warm air.

So my questions:

1) any links or pointers on how to remove this Electric Heater?

2) any idea which fuse I can pull so this Heater is "off" (heater only not the blower)?

3) anyone with experience of these heaters able to suggest most likely causes of the error I.e. faulty element, potentially shorted wire in loom, bad relay etc

Sorry if posted in wrong place etc any help and pointers sincerely appreciated.