GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Post Your 1/4mile time thread

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Traction shouldn't really effect trap speed, that's why it's a good indicator of power to weight. I've got some of my highest speeds on poor launches. A properly tuned k04 should be around the 112-115 range. Timing pull due to vacuum leaks (valve cover, pcv, etc.) is a common cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Just did a smoke leak test and dyno.. Found a massive leak at the maf sensor but no other leaks, and the car only made 302/305 on a dynojet. AF was 12.6-12.7 across the whole run. Which isn't good

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That would explain the trap speed

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Which shop did your smoke test? Really want to get one done (in the GTA)

Go to seven automotive in newmarket, they're subie guys but they're great! There's also a great dyno down the road from there called Auto Glass Plus

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I ran a 13.6@108 back in Oct 2015 right before I broke the car with Unitronic KO4. Direzza ZII tires (aka stiff sidewall not ideal for drag racing).

The other day from a roll I was neck and neck with a 5th gen Camaro 1LE (6MT, 3885lbs, 12.9@110.5mph car) and we went up to 1/4 mile speeds, twice. I believe he had a passenger which definitely hurt him. Long story short, FWD on an autox type of tire is not ideal for dig racing lol.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
12.83@113.9 Stage 1 e-tuners map 93 octane (99Ron)
no hardware mods apart from alloy wheel change and just road tyre Michelin's:cool:
Car in Signature.:thumbup: