GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Help (on a Sunday) with Reading the Check Engine Light Code

Spirit

Pianist Physicist Duality
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I am on a long drive from Tucson, AZ to Montréal, Québec. My car decided to throw a CEL today, when nothing is open. I will be driving out from Topeka, KS momentarily onwards to St Louis, MO today, passing by Kansas City. (I have a set date to cross the border because I am exporting and importing my car from US to Canada, and I had to notify the CBP before hand, so I can't really stay-in-place and wait...) Would anyone along this route be able and willing to at least read off what code my car is throwing?

If so, please kindly text or call me at (617) 676-5608

Many, many thanks!

-Erik

Spirit

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks for the tip! I ended up doing just that, and saw that it's a misfire in cylinder 2.

pb4ugoout

Ready to race!
Order a plug and coil pack kit from ecs and have it delivered to your destination. Easy enough to change and will likely resolve that trouble for the next few years.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Thanks for the tip! I ended up doing just that, and saw that it's a misfire in cylinder 2.

Order a plug and coil pack kit from ecs and have it delivered to your destination. Easy enough to change and will likely resolve that trouble for the next few years.

I'm in Illinois and kind of on your way, if you need to use any tools feel free to stop by

My Zipcode is 60552

Spirit

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks so much for the suggestion and offer for help! I ended up having it fixed in St Louis, because I was on a tight schedule to cross the border. I have now safely crossed without issues. :) Thanks again!! :)