GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apparently I bought a Mercedes!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
The old lady surprises me on Friday and tells me on my lunch brake that she bought another car..... conversation goes something like this. 1:Where did you buy a car?! 2:well I was garage saleing with dad and found a great deal! 1:........ what did you buy? 2:a 1990 Mercedes 300e! 1:A WHAT!?!..... alright how much? 2:eek:nly $1500, we just have to get it towed back to the house. 2:....... slams head on table and sighs, what do you mean it doesn't run? 2:well its been sitting for 3 years and they say ot just needs a starter! 1: slams head harder.

So I am now the proud owner of a decent headache lol. All else aside, the interior is in great condition, as is the body. It is a sharp car, but needs a lot of work. On to some pics.

Looks like I'm up to 3 project vehicles now lol. On the bright side, I already got her up and running, needs a lot of work ( new tires, brakes, plugs, water jackets, coolant flush, trans service, tune up, possibly head gasket, comfort control module, antenna, fuses, nuetral safety switch, brake fluid flush, etc. But I have to say this is gunna be cool once I'm done with it. Already planning on AMG wheels and suspension lol.

OMMGarage

Ready to race!
Sweet! W124's are cool. Built like a bank vault. Good luck with it! Would love to trade one of my projects for one of these.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Im sorry for your loss. . .

Yeah, we had a little talk, ask your career mechanic husband First before you go buying cars lol.

@OMMGarage - At First I was pissed at the whole situation, and the ammount of money and time its going to take to get it back up to a condition I approve of is a little insane. But after tearing into it this weekend I'm a lot less pissed... still pissed... but less lol. I'm actually looking forward to when I'm done getting it back up to snuff and at heart I always loved the W124. For those Merc snobs out there, its a W124.30 :) My homework has been non stop since Friday lol.

goneD4rk

Banned
Yeah, we had a little talk, ask your career mechanic husband First before you go buying cars lol.

@OMMGarage - At First I was pissed at the whole situation, and the ammount of money and time its going to take to get it back up to a condition I approve of is a little insane. But after tearing into it this weekend I'm a lot less pissed... still pissed... but less lol. I'm actually looking forward to when I'm done getting it back up to snuff and at heart I always loved the W124. For those Merc snobs out there, its a W124.30 :) My homework has been non stop since Friday lol.

One year from now when you are done, whose car is it gonna be. Old lady or yours? :thumbsup:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Lmao, well, as long as she turns a wrench and helps it will be "ours" but her daily. Once that ring goes on everything that was, had, and will be yours becomes shared lol.

Edit: if this takes me a year ill be super pissed lol. Ill have it mostly ironed out within a month, hit the ground running. And I cant put the Franken turbo build on the GTI on hold for that long, sowo is right around the corner!

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
that is one of my favorite chassis. I like the odometer! wish my project car had that mileage. Mine just turned 320,000 miles on it.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Oh man, a really clean, color matched lowers, on AMG monoblocks and just a little moar low and these thing look sick. Ive been very busy with it and have torn through and diagnosed ~70% of the problems with it. And prepping to pull the head for a headgaskett replacement/piston inspection. She heard ot running and came out and yelled "a month my ass, 2 days! So I can drive it in like 4 right?!" Lol.

Ive deffinitely cooled down, and while it was a terrible purchase I'm really excited about ot now, but the fact its cutting into my Frankenturbo build on the GTI is still bugging me :-(

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
W124s will definitely yield quite a bit of work... but once you get it all nice and pristine.. it'll be AWESOME.

A buddy of mine fixed up a W202.. love the look of this generation of Mercedes

and just for kicks.. here is one of our W202 customers on VMR V705

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Lol, been crazy busy with work and the Benz. I haven't really touched the GTI or the truck lately but this week I should be making some progress on the GTI build. Been trying to get the ladies car up to snuff, I have to say I'm falling in love with this damn Benz. Drove it all weekend and the only issue we had was the muffler falling off at a toll booth lol.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Love it! Any further updates? Can you describe the drive?