GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red Light Camera

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
Hi all.

i would like to ask for some feedback on an incident that happened today on my way to work.

on the cumberland hwy on my way to work this afternoon, at one of the intersections that has a red light camera, there had been a breakdown or an accident (couldn't see which) but there were tow trucks and cops.

the cops were manually controlling the intersection, and waved me through (and loads of others too) on a red. of course the camera was snapping pictures of every car that was waved through.

there's no way in hell im paying any fine that i know the RTA will send me in a week or so.

what should i do about it if it does come ?
i fully expect to have a fine in the post sometime next week.

anyone else had this happen to them ?

edit: i should also mention that any photo's will clearly show a tilt tray and the police in the intersection.

Jason.

Last edited:

scotta_74

Hi Jason,

If you happen to end up getting a ticket, you will need to send a letter back to OSR (The address is on the ticket) simply explaining what happened. As you stated the camera will verify your story. Dont get too worried about it, if it turns to poo send me a pm and I may be able to assist.

Cheers,
Scott

Booba

Ready to race!
I think that in this instance common sense will prevail and they will notice the broken down car and police controlling the intersection so it will hopefully be a no brainer for the enforcement department.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
thanks for the info.

im guessing most of the tickets from red light and speed camera's are automatically sent out,
so i still expect a ticket in a week or so, but ill send them a letter and hope that common sense does prevail.

if it turns to poo send me a pm and I may be able to assist.

Cheers,
Scott

thanks for the offer. here's hoping it's not needed !

Jason

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
Hi Jason,

As Scott is saying, you will probably receive the ticket but maybe with a note of "no action or payment required",

A friend told me the same thing happened a couple of months ago when the RTA was changing the Red for a Safety Camera in the Burwood & Parramatta Rd's setup moment, they where testing the camera, it was taking shots of every car, then he received the ticket, but with a note, saying it was issued under the camera testing,

In any case I guess the RTA has a record of incidents in your case the accident at that specific time,

I'll see if he still has the ticket, if so, I'll let you know,

Cheers,