GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Voltage readings low

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2007 GTI didn't want to start on Tuesday, so I jump started it and once it was running checked the voltage and it was only reading 13.5-13.8at idle. With the AC and head lights turned on it dropped to 12.9-13.2 volts which I think is low. Already charged the battery with a battery charger and replaced the alternator and the problem still persists. Checked ground, fuses, connections and everything seems to be in place any idea of what I'm missing? Anything helps at this point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
The day I recharged the battery it was at 12.7 and left it over night came back to test it the next morning and it was at 12.5. Now when I shut the engine off its at 12.6-12.7, and after 10-15 minutes it goes down to 12.23 and stays there.

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
That charging voltage is in spec, what do you have for voltage when you first shut it off and after sitting overnight
The day I recharged the battery it was at 12.7 and left it over night came back to test it the next morning and it was at 12.5. Now when I shut the engine off its at 12.6-12.7, and after 10-15 minutes it goes down to 12.23 and stays there.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Side note - whwb you replaces alternator did you also replace the idler and tensioner and all that jazz or did you reuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
Side note - whwb you replaces alternator did you also replace the idler and tensioner and all that jazz or did you reuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it was a complete alternator with regulator, and the pulley I didnt replace the belt tensioner